About the Institute
The Army Institute of Law (AIL) was established in July 1999 by the Indian Army under the aegis of the Army Welfare Education Society (AWES) at its interim location at Patiala. In July 2003, the Institute shifted to Sector 68, Mohali. On December 1, 2003, the Mohali Campus was inaugurated by H.E. Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, the then President of India. The Institute is affiliated to Punjabi University, Patiala, and approved by the Bar Council of India.
About the Journal
Journal of Army Institute of Law [ISSN No: 0975-8208] is a faculty run, a peer-reviewed law journal. The journal is published annually. It is listed in UGC Consortium for Academic and Research Ethics (CARE) list, 2019. The journal is an endeavor to enhance awareness on contemporary legal issues, engage in multi-disciplinary study, and to analyze the various issues that show the dynamism of law.
The Editorial Board of the Journal welcomes the submission of unpublished original articles, research papers, book reviews, and comments for its upcoming Volume XIV, Issue 2021.
The submission of papers is open only for Teachers, Academicians, Professionals and Ph.D. Research Scholars. Students can be a co-author.
- All manuscripts (in hard copy and e-mail) must be accompanied by:
- A cover letter with the name(s) of the author(s), official designation institution/affiliation, the title of the manuscript, and contact information (correspondence address, email, phone number, etc).
- A Certificate that the paper submitted is a piece of original and bonafide research work and has not been published or submitted for publication elsewhere.
- An abstract of not more than 200 words describing the submission.
- Contributions should be in English language only and in conformity with AIL’s scheme and style.
- Electronic submissions (on website or email) should ideally be made in Word Format (doc)/(Docx).
- Text and citations should strictly conform to the rules in The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (20th edition). This mode of citation must be strictly followed otherwise the paper shall not be considered for publication.
- No biographical information or references, including the name(s) of the author(s), affiliation(s) and acknowledgments should be included in the text of the manuscript, the name or document properties. All such information may be incorporated in the cover letter accompanying the manuscripts.
- The word limit mentioned as under must be strictly adhered to.
- Article/Research Papers: The word limit is between 4,000 to 6,000 words.
- Notes and comments: The word limit is up to 3,000 words.
- Book Review: The word limit is up to 2,500 words.
- The Journal encourages gender neutrality in its submissions.
- The articles in the Journal shall be edited and published according to the orthographical and grammatical rules of Indian English, which is based on British English; thus, submissions in American English will be modified accordingly.
- In the case of book reviews, two copies of the book are to be sent.
- In case of references from websites, a complete URL address, along with the last date of accessing the website should be mentioned.
- Contributions to the journal shall be evaluated by the nominated Referees.
- Manuscripts shall be assessed by subjection to Blind Review Procedure. Reviewers shall not be informed of the author’s name, university/institution, designation, or any other personal information.
- Submission of a paper shall be taken to imply that it is an unpublished work and is not being considered for publication elsewhere.
- Copy right of all entries received shall exclusively vest with the Army Institute of Law. The submission of work would imply that the contributor has assigned such rights to AIL on its publication in the journal.
- Author/s are required to obtain written permission for the use of any copyrighted material in the manuscript and must communicate the same to the Journal. Such material may include tables, charts, graphs, etc.
- Authors are also required to inform the Editorial Board if they have submitted their manuscripts to another law journal and if they have received an offer of publication. The authors may request an expedited review on this basis. It shall be within the discretion of the Editorial Board to grant an expedited review.
- In case the article is not published, then the author shall be intimated by the Institute through e-mail and he/she may then send it for publication elsewhere.
- Mere submission of a contribution shall not confer any claim for publication. The Editorial Board reserves all rights to take the decision to publish the contribution or not. The Board’s decision as regards the interpretation of guidelines or any other matter related to the publication shall be final.
- The author shall be entitled to one copy of the journal in case of publication.
Procedure For Acceptance
- On receipt of the contribution, the Editorial Board shall screen it to satisfy itself about the conformity of the contribution with the AIL conditions and policy for submission of the manuscripts
- The screened work shall be assessed by the nominated referees.
- A contribution recommended by the referee as fit for publication as such or recommended for publication with necessary amendments, if any, shall be considered for publication after the author would submit the amended paper accordingly. The author will be given two weeks to carry out changes thus suggested.
The soft copy of the contributions is to be forwarded at [email protected].
All submissions (in soft copy) must reach the editor latest by 31st August 2020.
Editorial Board: AIL Journal:
- Dr. Puja Jaiswal: 09416932267
- Dr. Harpreet Kaur: 09780158227
To stay updates about legal opportunities and events round the nation, join our whatsapp group.
You might be also interested at:
- Call for Blogs| for RFMLR Sidebar [Rolling Submissions, Free Publications ]
- Call for Paper| Fairfield Institute of Management and Technology Law Journal: Submit by Sept 30
- Call for Paper| RGNUL’s Financial and Mercantile Law Review: Submit by Sept 25 (No Publication Fee)
- Call for Papers| NCU Law Review: Submit by Oct 15
To know about more legal opportunities,Click Here.