Section 5 of the Transfer of Property Act, 1882 defines the term transfer of property. According to this section, transfer of property means an act by which a living person conveys property, in present or in future, to one or more other living persons, or to himself and other living persons.
This article provides Transfer of Property Act notes with case laws. The Act provides provisions for transfer of movable or immovable property. As a learner, you can consider it as a free, online, and self-placed course. As a competitive exams aspirant, you will find it perfect for Judicial Service Exams, UPSC CSE Law Optional, etc. And as a reader, this article on Transfer of Property Act notes is sufficient for you to learn or research on Transfer of Property Act!
Meaning and Definition of Property
- Movable and Immovable Property
- Concept of Transfer of Property
- The Concept of Property: Special Reference to Intangible Property
General Rules and Doctrines regarding Transfer of Property
- Actionable Claim under Transfer of Property Act
- Vested and Contingent Interest
- Rule Against Perpetuity
- Legal Status and Rights of Minor
- Doctrine of Lis Pendens
- Doctrine of Election under Transfer of Property Act
- Fraudulent Transfer of Property
- Doctrine of Subrogation
- Doctrine of Promissory Estoppel
- Doctrine of Marshalling and Contribution
- Apportionment of Property (Transfer of Property Act, 1882)
Sale under Transfer of Property Act
- Sale of Immovable Property (Meaning, Essentials, and Rights and Liabilities of Buyer and Seller)
Mortgage under Transfer of Property Act
- Concept Mortgage Under Transfer of Property Act
- Rights and Liabilities of Mortgagor
- Rights and Liabilities of Mortgagee
- Redemption of Mortgage
- Foreclosure of Mortgage
Lease under Transfer of Property Act
Gifts under Transfer of Property Act
For notes on other subjects, click here.
For case briefs and analysis, click here.
We have done our best to provide the right information. However, we don’t claim the content to be genuine. We suggest readers to do check it.