Administrative Law is the law relating to administration. It includes the structure, powers and functions of the organs of administration, the limits of their powers, the methods and procedures followed by them in exercising their powers and functions, the methods by which their powers are controlled including the legal remedies available to a person
against them when his rights are infringed by their operation.
We understand it’s difficult to find complete Administrative Law Notes at one place, hence we attempted to provide all in one place.
We hope these Administrative Law Notes will suffice the purpose. If you think we missed anything or you just want to thank us, fill this form.
Basic Introduction to Administrative Law
- Definition, Nature, Scope and Significance of Administrative Law
- Relationship between Constitutional Law and Administrative Law
- Administrative Action- Meaning, Classification and Need to control
- Administrative Actions: Nature, Scope and Significance
- Basic Doctrines-
- Meaning of Delegated Legislation and its Growth
- Delegated Legislation in USA
- Delegated Legislation in UK
- Delegated Legislation in India
- Conditional Legislation
- Administrative Adjudication- Meaning, Needs and Reasons for its growth
- Administrative Tribunal: Definition, Constitutional Status, Finality of decisions and Judicial Review
- Tribunals: meaning, difference between tribunals and courts, its types- Statutory and Domestic Tribunals
- Meaning and significance of Administrative Discretion and Grounds of control
- Judicial Control of Administrative Discretion – Control at the stage of delegation of discretion
Principles of Natural Justice: Concept, Principles of Natural Justice – Rule against Bias and Rule of Fair Hearing, Exceptions to Natural Justice, Violations of Natural Justice and Application of Natural Justice in India
Review of Administrative Actions and Remedies
- Judicial Review-
- Grounds of Review of Administrative Action –Illegality, Irrationality, Procedural Impropriety, Proportionality
- Doctrines developed by Judiciary –
- Judicial Review of Administrative Actions
- Judicial Review of Administrative Actions by Writs
- Other remedies for administrative action–Statutory Remedies, Equitable Remedies, Ombudsman –Lok Pal and Lokayukta and other miscellaneous remedies
Liability of administration
- Contractual Liability of the Administration –Constitutional and other Provisions
- Tortious Liability of the Administration –Constitutional and other provisions
For notes on other subjects, click here.
For case briefs and analysis, click here.
We have done our best to provide the right information. However, we don’t claim the content to be genuine. We suggest readers to do check it.