About the Gujarat National Law University
Gujarat National Law University (GNLU), Gandhinagar, India is a University established by the Government of the State of Gujarat under the Gujarat National Law University Act, 2003.
About the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade
The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) was established in the year 1995 and was reconstituted in the year 2000 with the merger of the Department of Industrial Development. Earlier, separate Ministries of Small Scale Industries & Agro and Rural Industries (SI &A& RI) and Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises (HI&PE) were created in October, 1999. The department was earlier called Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion and was renamed as DPIIT in January, 2019.
About the Cochin University of Science and Technology
Cochin University of Science and Technology is a state government-owned autonomous university in Kochi, Kerala, India. It was founded in 1971 and has two campuses: one in Kochi, and one in Kuttanad, Alappuzha.
About the workshop
The current workshop is an effort to enrich the Research scholars in Intellectual property on research methodology with hands-on training. This workshop is open for legal academicians who are working in the areas of intellectual property law in India. There is a clear transition from conceptual to empirical research work in the IP research. The core objective of this workshop is to make the target group more capable of handling IP data. All the sessions will be handled with lectures and practical exercises.
About the course structure
- Necessity of empirical studies in IP
- Introduction to IP data
- Making sense of IP data
- Literature review in IP research
- Use of Web scrapping in IP research
- All registered Ph.D. scholars (IPR) from recognized Indian Law University/legal research institutes, Academicians, Post Graduate students (IPR) may send their application (online) for the workshop along with a summary of their research proposal (not more than 300 words). The selection committee will select the participants for hands-on training based on their research work, credentials given in the registration form.
- The participants should have basic knowledge of IPR and computer applications.
Maximum Intake shall be 35 participants.
The registration fee for the Workshop is Rs 1000/- (Rupees One Thousand only).
- The date of workshop is June 11, 12 and 13, 2021
- Last date for submission of application form is June 5,2021