About the Flipkart
The Flipkart Group is one of India’s leading digital commerce entities and includes group companies Flipkart, Myntra, and PhonePe. Started in 2007, Flipkart has enabled millions of consumers, sellers, merchants and small businesses to be a part of India’s e-commerce revolution. With a registered customer base of over 200 million, offering over 150 million products across 120+ categories. Our efforts to democratize e-commerce in India, driving access and affordability, delight customers, create lakhs of jobs in the ecosystem and empower generations of entrepreneurs and MSMEs has driven us to innovate on many industry firsts. Flipkart is known for pioneering services such as Cash on Delivery, No Cost EMI and easy returns – customer-centric innovations that have made online shopping more accessible and affordable for millions of Indians.
About the Opportunity
Flipkart looking to hire a law professional for the job post of Legal Counsel who would be responsible for regulatory and business requirements, and drafting, reviewing, and negotiating, and other duties as may be assigned.
- Ensure that Flipkart group e‑commerce platforms and websites terms and conditions are compliant with all regulatory and business requirements.
- Draft and review offer terms and conditions, and policies for e-commerce platforms in compliance with applicable laws. Review print, social media and other media advertisements and all marketing communications to ensure legal compliance.
- Draft, review, and negotiate all types of agreements in the e‑commerce, consumer services and information technology space. Agreements including advertising, endorsement, marketing, content licensing agreements, collaborations, bank alliances, finance agreements, IT services, hardware and software licenses, statements of work, HR related agreements, non‑disclosure agreements and other legal documents.
- Advise business partners on legal and regulatory matters including intellectual property, contract interpretation, breach and remedies, contract compliance requirements, data protection laws. Research into new regulations and legal regime of new domains of business and advice on regulatory requirements, legal risks and mitigation strategies.
- Work as a part of a team and contribute towards projects involving setting up policies and processes for legal risk identification and mitigation. Prioritize and manage business stakeholders and work load effectively, with quick turn-around requirements.
- Education: LLB/LLM from a reputed Law College
- Experience: Lawyer with 6 years or more of PQE.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong transactional, contract review and drafting experience with good business/commercial acumen. In-depth understanding of Indian law and practices (including intellectual property, commercial, e-commerce, FDI regulations, privacy laws, RBI guidelines, consumer protection laws, legal metrology laws).
- The candidate should have strong communication skills, an enthusiastic worker, show keen interest to understand business and manage quick turnaround times.
- Experience in the e‑commerce or FinTech industry will be an added advantage.