About this Course
We all negotiate on a daily basis. On a personal level, we negotiate with friends, family, landlords, car sellers and employers, among others. Negotiation is also the key to business success. No business can survive without profitable contracts. Within a company, negotiation skills can lead to your career advancement.
I hope that you will join the hundreds of thousands of learners who have made “Successful Negotiation” one of the most popular and highly-rated MOOCs worldwide. In the course, you’ll learn about and practice the four steps to a successful negotiation:
(1) Prepare: Plan Your Negotiation Strategy
(2) Negotiate: Use Key Tactics for Success
(3) Close: Create a Contract
(4) Perform and Evaluate: The End Game To successfully complete this course and improve your ability to negotiate, you’ll need to do the following:
(1) Watch the short videos (ranging from 5 to 20 minutes). The videos are interactive and they include questions to test your understanding of negotiation strategy and skills. You can speed up or slow down videos to match your preferred pace for listening. Depending on your schedule, you can watch the videos over a few weeks or you can binge watch them. A learner who binge-watched the course concluded that “It’s as good as Breaking Bad.” Another learner compared the course to “House of Cards.” Both shows contain interesting examples of complex negotiations!
(2) Test your negotiation skills by completing the negotiation in Module 6. You can negotiate with a local friend or use Discussions to find a partner from another part of the world. Your negotiation partner will give you feedback on your negotiation skills. To assist you with your negotiations, I have developed several free negotiating planning tools that are related to the course. These tools and a free app are available at http://negotiationplanner.com/
(3) Take the final exam. To successfully complete the course, you must answer 80% of the questions correctly. The exam is a Mastery Exam, which means that you can take it as many times as you want until you master the material.
Course Certificate You have the option of earning a Course Certificate. A Certificate provides formal recognition of your achievements in the course and includes the University of Michigan logo.
Offered by: University of Michigan
The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating, communicating, preserving and applying knowledge, art, and academic values, and in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future.
George Siedel [Williamson Family Professor of Business Administration and Thurnau Professor of Business Law]
Syllabus – What you will learn from this course
- Prepare: Plan Your Negotiation Strategy
- Negotiate: Use Key Tactics for Success
- Close: Create a Contract
- Perform and Evaluate: The End Game
- Practice Your Negotiation Skills
- Shareable Certificate- Earn a Certificate upon completion
- 100% online-Start instantly and learn at your own schedule.
- Flexible deadlines-Reset deadlines in accordance to your schedule.
- Approx. 17 hours to complete
Note: The online course is FREE and you can enrol anytime. However, to get a certified, there will be a nominal fee.
- Online Certificate Courses by Enhelion on Contract Drafting [70% off and FREE Courses]
- Online Certificate Courses by Enhelion: Enrolments Open! [70% off on Online Courses]
- Online Certificate Courses by Enhelion: Enrolments Open!
- National Workshop on Drafting, Pleading and Conveyancing by Alliance School of Law [Oct 9]
- One Week National Workshop on Right to Information by RGNUL: Register by Sept 28