The Centre for IP Studies (CIPS) at National Law University Jodhpur is focussed on creating a niche space for research in intellectual property. CIPS engages with the community and creates avenues for spreading awareness in Intellectual Property.
About the Workshop
Eligibility: The workshop is aimed towards engaging students, academicians, industry professionals and practitioners in a discussion on the patents drafting, filing and protection regime.
Aim: The purpose of conducting the workshop is primarily to introduce participants to the basics of patent drafting and the filing procedure. This would help the participants in understanding the relevance of specification drafting and claim construction as well.
The workshop would be a Two-Day event spread across four technical sessions by our eminent Speakers specialised in Intellectual Property Laws and having immense experience in the field of Intellectual Property.
- Mr. Vijay Kumar Makyam, LL.B., LL.M, M.Sc (IT), Member, Intellectual Property Appellate Board (IPAB), Govt. of India
- Ms. Naina Khanna, BA.LL.B, LL.M (IPR), Lecturer & PhD Researcher, Maastricht University, Netherland
- Mr. Ayush Sharma, B.Sc. LL.B. (IPR Hons.), Managing Partner, MS Law Partners, New Delhi, Advocate-on-Record (Supreme Court) Registered Patent and Trademark Attorney
- Professor Suraj S. Bhoyar, University Manager, MIT-ADT University, Pune , Mechanical Engineering, PG Diploma in Patent Law, NALSAR University, Hyderabad
The participation is open to a maximum of 100 participants on a first come first serve basis. (The 100 available slots are for participants other than the NLUJ IPR Hons. Students.)
Students pursuing three or five-year integrated law courses or intellectual property or any other science/technology-based courses and interested in learning and exploring the patent filing procedure may apply. The workshop is also open to academicians, industry professionals and early practitioners.
Online: Cisco Webex
Registration Process & Fee
Each applicant shall be required to pay a registration amount of: Rs. 750 for students and researchers, and Rs. 1000 for academicians, industry professionals and practitioners after they are notified about the selection for the workshop. The registration amount must be paid by 25th September 2020 by 11:59 pm.
The subject of the email shall be “Registration Receipt for PFP Workshop”. The email shall also specifically include the Name of the participant, Year and course (if applicable), Name of the University/Organisation/Affiliation, and Contact details (Phone Number and Email Id).
- Last Date for Expression of Interest: 20th September 2020 by 11:59 PM.
- Notification of Selection: 21st September 2020 by 11:59 PM.
- Registration and Payment of Registration Fee: 25th September 2020 by 11:59 PM.
- The email with Payment Receipt for Confirmation: 25th September 2020 by 11:59 PM.
- Workshop Dates: 26th & 27th September 2020.
You might me also interested at:
- E-Workshop| by VIPS On Erudition on IPR in Contemporary Era: Register by Sept 14
- E-Workshop| By Jagran Lakecity University on Landscape of Mediation [Sep 19-20]: Registrations Open!