RGNUL Student Research Review (formerly known as the RGNUL Student Law Review) was constituted and registered in the year 2013. RSRR is a bi-annual, student run, and blind peer reviewed, flagship law journal based at Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab. The RSRR Journal strives to publish comprehensive treatments of subjects (“articles”), written by law students and industry experts on contemporary issues, from different areas of law.
RSRR aims to stimulate discussion on contemporary and less explored issues through the themes chosen for the Journal as well as the monthly blogs.
The RSRR Blog Series invites submissions from students, academicians, lawyers and other professionals from the legal fraternity on rolling basis on the themes mentioned below.
The submission may deal with any contemporary issue within the broad theme. The selected blogs will be published on the website of RSRR. The themes are as follows:
“Exploring the Challenges to Criminal Justice Administration” : By the means of this series, we aim to increase dialogue and discourse on the pressing issue of the shortcomings in criminal justice systems around the world. Since criminal justice administration pivots around the core processes of crime detection, adjudication and correction of criminal conduct, it affects the criminal justice system at large. Hence, it has become imperative to address the administrative lacunae in the legal framework.
“Re-imagining Gender-Based Policies: Towards a More Inclusive Society for Different Genders”: The aim of this series is to reflect on the role of gender in various arenas of law, and the existence of gender bias therein, obstructing the growth of a more inclusive world. Gender, despite being a social construct, is a complex phenomenon that guides our institutions and way of living under many dimensions – from gender identity and reproductive rights, to gender-based discrimination in seemingly-unrelated fields such as Artificial Intelligence. The pressing need of the hour is to combat the toxic narratives pertaining to gender that have been perpetuated in society, and to bring about a new order through legal research and policy recommendations.
- All submissions must be in Garamond, font size 12, spacing 1.5.
- Manuscripts must include hyperlinks for relevant legal sources and other information, including any laws, legal documents or facts which are mentioned.
- The Hyperlinks must only link to legal or reliable/ respected news sources. Deviations or interpretations of existing literature should preferably be referenced as endnotes to give due credit to the original author.
- Relevant legal sources that cannot be accessed online may be referenced as endnotes. The endnotes should be in Garamond 10, single-spaced. A recognized, uniform style of citation is necessary for acceptance.
- Word limit for each post is 1500-1800 words (exclusive of endnotes).
- Authors are required to provide an abstract of 100-150 words along with the keywords that represent the essence of the submission. The abstract is to be submitted along with the article itself.
- The entries should be submitted in the .doc/.docx format only.
- Entries that will be selected after the review stages shall be published on the RSRR Website.
- E-Certificates will be awarded to the authors of each published blog.
- Co-authorship of a maximum of 2 persons is permitted.
- The author(s) bear sole responsibility for the accuracy of facts, opinions, or views stated in the submitted manuscript.
- In case of plagiarism found in the contents of the submitted manuscript, the manuscript shall be subject to rejection.
- Copyright of all blog posts shall remain with RGNUL Student Research Review.
- All moral rights shall vest with the author(s).
- The manuscripts not abiding to the above guidelines are liable to be rejected.
All the submissions for the theme “Exploring the Challenges to Criminal Justice Administration” must be submitted through this Google Form.
Previous Blog series are available here.
Furthermore, the following people can be contacted:
- Aditya Vyas: 94148-78054
- Sehaj Singh Cheema: 87250-82864
- Stuti Srivastava: 98738-81807
To stay updates about legal opportunities and events round the nation, join our whatsapp group.
Click Here, to join a whatsapp group of your choice.