1. The right of private defence:
(a) is not a right of defence but of retribution
(b) is a right of defence but not a right of retribution
(c) is a right of defence as well as a right of retribution
(d) is neither a right of defence nor a right of retribution.
2. The word ‘wrong’ in a defence of insanity refers to:
(a) a legal wrong
(b) a civil wrong
(c) a moral wrong
(d) moral as well as legal wrong.
3. Promoting hatred among classes is an offence:
(a) under section 121A of IPC
(b) under section 124A of IPC
(c) under section 153A of IPC
(d) under section 153B of IPC.
4. For an affray under section 159 of IPC the minimum number of persons required is:
5. Causing disappearance of evidence of offence or giving false information to screen offender, is an offence:
(a) under section 200 of IPC
(b) under section 201 of IPC
(c) under section 212 of IPC
(d) under section 204 of IPC.
6. Culpable homicide has been defined:
(a) under section 299 of IPC
(b) under section 300 of IPC
(c) under section 302 of IPC
(d) under section 304 of IPC.
7. In the context of the exception of grave & sudden provocation, which of the following is correct:
(a) provocation should not be voluntarily provoked by the offender
(b) lawful exercise of the right of private defence does not give provocation
(c) lawful exercise of powers by a public servant in obedience to the law does not amount to provocation
(d) all the above.
8. During the scuffle between ‘A’ & ‘B’, A gave a blow on the face of ‘B’ and consequently two teeth of ‘B’ were broken. In these circumstances ‘A’ has committed an offence of causing:
(a) simple hurt
(b) attempt to cause culpable homicide not amounting to murder
(c) grievous hurt
(d) no offence at all.
9. A, puts jewels into a box belonging to Z, with the intention that they may be found in that box, and that this circumstance may cause Z to be convicted of theft.
A. A has given false evidence
B. A has committed an offence under Section 420, IPC
C. A has fabricated false evidence
D. None of them
10. A knowing that B has murdered Z, assists B to hide the body with the intention of screening B from punishment.
A. A is liable to a fine
B. A is also guilty of murder
C. A is liable to imprisonment of either description for seven years
D. Both (A) and (C)
11. Which of the following factors limit the defence of right to private defence of person or property?
A. if there is sufficient time for recourse to public authorities
B. that more harm than that is necessary should be caused
C. that there must a reasonable apprehension of death or grievous hurt or hurt to the person or damage to the property concerned
D. all of them
12. Using in a judicial proceeding evidence known to be false or fabricated is dealt under-
A. Section 195 of IPC
B. Section 196 of IPC
C. Section 197 of IPC
D. Section 198 of IPC
13. Which of the following is an ingredient of an offence under Section 116, IPC?
I.An offence was abetted
II. The offence was not committed, in consequence of abetment
III. That there is no express provision in the Penal Code to punish such abetment
IV. The offence abetted is punishable with imprisonment
V. If the offence falls under the second paragraph of Section 116, IPC, the accused of the abettor both must public servant
A. I, III, IV
B. II, V
D. I, II, III, IV, V
14. Offering gift or restoration of property, in consideration of screening offender if the offence be capital is dealt under-
A. Section 169 of IPC
B. Section 214 of IPC
C. Section 171 of IPC
D. Section 172 of IPC
15. A places men with firearms at the outlets of a building, and tells Z that they will fire at Z if Z attempts to leave the building.
A. A wrongfully confined Z under Section 330, IPC
B. A wrongfully confined Z under Section 335, IPC
C. A wrongfully confined Z under Section 340, IPC
D. A wrongfully confined Z under Section 345, IPC
16. Which of the following is true about the offence of criminal conspiracy?
A. it is of a technical nature and the essential ingredient of the offence is the agreement to commit an offence
B. it is the agreement of two or more to do an unlawful act or to do a lawful act by unlawful means
C. so long as the design rests in the intention only it is not indictable. When two agree carry into effect, the very plot is an act in itself
D. all of them
17. Which of the following is true of the procedure of an offence under Section 121- A, IPC?
A. the offence is cognizable
B. the offence is non – bailable and not compoundable
C. the offence is triable in Sessions Court
D. all of them
18. A, being Z’s servant and entrusted by Z with the care of Z’s plate dishonestly runs away with the plate, without Z’s consent.
A. A is guilty of theft under Section 368, IPC
B. A is guilty of theft under Section 372, IPC
C. A is guilty of theft under Section 376, IPC
D. A is guilty of theft under Section 378, IPC
19. Section 149 of IPC is:
A. declaratory provision
B. creates a distinct offence
C. a rule of evidence
D. all the above.
20. Rioting means use of force or violence by an unlawful assembly, or by a member thereof, in prosecution of the common object of such assembly, as per:
A. section 144 of IPC
B. section 145 of IPC
C. section 146 of IPC
D. section 148 of IPC.