About The Project 39A
Project 39A is keen to develop a robust and rewarding internship programme that will provide meaningful exposure to the complexities and nuances of the criminal justice system in India.
Towards that aim, we are pleased to introduce our second internship policy, under which we seek to accept interns on a rolling basis from March 2021 to March 2022. Project 39A is a formal part of NLU Delhi and undertakes research and pro bono litigation efforts on issues concerning the criminal justice system in India. This effort is inspired by Article 39-A of the Indian Constitution and uses empirical research as an integral part of re-examining the criminal justice system. In its current scope of work, Project 39A aims to trigger new conversations on legal aid, torture, forensics, mental health and criminal law, and the death penalty.
About the Opportunity
National Law University, Delhi (NLUD) through Project 39A is seeking to hire (on a contractual basis)eligible applicant for the role of Consultant (Research).
The Consultant (Research) will be responsible for designing as well as implementing research projects at Project 39A along with undertaking other allied tasks.
Number of Vacancies
- Contribute to developing and implementing Project 39A’s research projects.
- Undertake fieldwork for the purposes of the respective project.
- Engage with various central and state agencies involved in the administration of the Indian criminal justice system.
- Collate, analyse and publish findings of the research.
- Present the work of P39A at appropriate fora.
- Participate in and contribute to the overall work at Project 39A.
- Undertake administrative or any other work that may be necessary to further the aims of Project 39A.
- Graduate with a degree in law and 0-2 years experience.
- Familiarity with criminal law and the Indian criminal justice system is a strong requirement.
- Apart from English, proficiency in at least one Indian language is mandatory
Commensurate with qualifications and experience and will be as per the prevalent standards.
- Interested persons may send their résumé and a brief statement outlining the likely contributions to our work.
- The statement of purpose must not exceed 750 words.
- The resume and statement of purpose has to be sent by filling the form in the link given at the end of this post and attaching the relevant documents.
- To apply for the Consultant, Click here
Selection interviews will be conducted online.
May 29th, 20217b36bb7b-0cf2-4bfb-a4e2-ac14c90616fa