The Indian Journal of Arbitration Law [“IJAL”] is a bi-annual, open-access journal published by the Centre for Advanced Research and Training in Arbitration Law [“CARTAL”]. It is indexed on Kluwer Arbitration, HeinOnline, Westlaw and SCC Online. IJAL is the leading journal on arbitration law in India, with a global readership. It is an excellent source of reference in the field of international arbitration.
IJAL strives to provide a platform for discussion of international as well as national developments in the field of arbitration. IJAL regularly publishes contributions from experienced practitioners whilst giving due importance to the theoretical work of academicians at the same time. Each issue contains (i) articles, which analyze topics of permanent interest from major national jurisdictions as well as contemporary international issues, (ii) notes, that cover topical recent developments and ongoing debates in the field, and (iii) book reviews.
The following is an indicative list highlighting the scope of the journal: –
- International Commercial Arbitration;
- Investment Treaty Arbitration;
- Industry-specific issues in Arbitration (e.g., maritime, construction, oil and gas, etc.);
- Jurisdiction-specific issues in Arbitration;
- Inter-State Disputes Subject to Arbitration;
- Investor-State Dispute Settlement Mechanism;
- Institutional Arbitration; • Multilateral Arbitration Conventions;
- UNCITRAL Model Law on International Commercial Arbitration;
- Convention on the Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards;
- Convention on the Settlement of Investment Disputes between States and Nationals of Other States.
Mode Of Submission
- Manuscripts for Volume 12, Issue 1 of IJAL, which is scheduled to be published in November 2023, may be submitted via email to [email protected] latest by August 15, 2023.
- Manuscripts will undergo a three-stage blind review conducted by the Board of Editors of IJAL over the course of twelve (12) weeks after the submission deadline for Volume 12, Issue 1 has elapsed.
- We accept manuscripts year-round, on a rolling basis, and any manuscript submitted after the aforesaid deadline will be considered for the subsequent issue i.e. Volume 12, Issue 2.
Each issue contains (1) articles, which analyze topics of permanent interest from major national jurisdictions as well as contemporary international issues, (2) notes, that cover topical recent developments and ongoing debates in the field, and (3) book reviews. IJAL invites contributions from experienced arbitrators, practitioners, academicians, and law students on contemporary topics in international commercial and investment arbitration, as well as on jurisdiction-specific themes.
- Authors are requested to adhere to our Contribution Guidelines, available here.
Authors are requested to provide a declaration stating that the manuscript is original,
Attention all law students!
Are you tired of missing out on internship, job opportunities and law notes?
Well, fear no more! With 45,000+ students already on board, you don't want to be left behind. Be a part of the coolest legal community around!
Join our WhatsApp Groups (Click Here) and Telegram Channel (Click Here) and get instant notifications.