Established through the UPES Act, 2003 of the State Legislature of Uttarakhand, UPES is one of the top-ranked, UGC-recognized, private universities.
About the Moot
The Surana & Surana and UPES School of Law National Insolvency Law Moot Court Competition were introduced to offer a forum for discussions on developments in insolvency law, in addition to fostering the development of cutting-edge skills in research, writing, and advocacy.
Since its inception, the competition has seen great expansion, with strong participation from across the country. The institution has hosted each edition with zeal and intensity, and it intends to continue the tradition this year with the same enthusiasm for learning.
Students pursuing their full-time 3-year LLB (or) 5-year LLB program from a University or Institute recognized by the Bar Council of India, are eligible to apply. A recognized Institution/College/University shall be entitled to send only one Team for the competition.
- Each Team shall comprise three members. Two members of the Team shall be designated as Orators and the third member shall be designated as the Researcher.
- Any additional member or Team Coach accompanying a Team shall not be recognized and will not be entitled to a certificate from the OC.
- Any changes in the Team Composition shall be communicated to the OC before the commencement of the competition, failure of which can entail disqualification.
Email ID: [email protected]
- Provisional Registration commences on 8th July 2023.
- The last date for Provisional Registration is July 20th, 2023. It is mandatory for every university to register provisionally via its moot court’s ID at Form.
- Teams will then receive a confirmation mail of the successful provisional registration from the Host University.
- Online Registration for teams commences on 8th July 2023.
- The teams must register online by August 8th, 2023 at www.moot.in.
- After registering online, the teams must complete the Registration Process as stated below by sending a copy of the documents for authentication, at [email protected]
- The following documents are required by the teams at the time of Final Registration: An external participation form/approval letter (with seal and signature) as provided in the rules duly filled from the participant’s institution / moot society.
- Scanned copy of the receipt of online payment.
- Participants will receive approval as acceptance of their request for participation within 2 days from the last date of registration.
A registration fee of Rs. 3500/- (Three thousand and five hundred rupees only) is to be paid online by the team through Net Banking:
- Beneficiary Name: University of Petroleum and Energy Studies
IFSC Code: YESB0000115
- Branch: Yes Bank Ltd., Ground Floor, 56, Rajpur Road, Dehradun – 248001
Schedule Of The Competition
- Last date for Online Registration – 8th August
- Last date for Provisional Registration – 20th August
- Last date for seeking clarifications – 2nd August
- Release of clarifications – 4th August
- Last date for submission of memorials – 11th August
- Inauguration, Orientation, Memorial Exchange, and Researcher’s Test – 18th August
- Oral Rounds – Preliminary Round and Quarter Finals – 19th August
- Oral Rounds – Semi Finals and Finals – 20th August
- Valediction and Distribution – 20th August
Kindly find herewith the link to the important documents for the competition for your kind perusal.
Attention all law students!
Are you tired of missing out on internship, job opportunities and law notes?
Well, fear no more! With 45,000+ students already on board, you don't want to be left behind. Be a part of the coolest legal community around!
Join our WhatsApp Groups (Click Here) and Telegram Channel (Click Here) and get instant notifications.