About Government Law College
Government Law College (GLC), established in 1855, has the distinction of being the oldest Law College in Asia, dating even prior to the University of Mumbai, and enjoys a pre-eminent reputation for excellence in the field of legal education.
Government Law College or GLC, as it is popularly known, continues to be an institution exclusively for the students of law. In addition to the old building, the college now has an annexe building, September 1988 onwards, which houses additional class rooms and a reference library.
About the event
In the light of the ever since tussle between the two constitutional posts the Internal Quality Assurance Cell ((IQAC) of Government Law College, Thiruvananthapuram is organising a TWO DAY NATIONAL SEMINAR on GOVERNOR- A LOYAL OFFICER OF UNION OR THE CONSTITUTIONAL HEAD OF THE STATE. THE TUSSLE BETWEEN DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED AND POLITICALLY SELECTED on December 14th and 15th 2022.
- Pleasure of Governor
- Bridge between state and centre
- Constitutional crisis
- Jurisdictional autonomy of Governor and CM
- Democratically elected CM versus Governor
Guidelines for submissions
- All submissions should be in Times New Roman 12 Font Size with 1.5 line spacing justified text and 1 inch margins on all sides of an A4 sheet.
- Footnotes should be in Times New Roman, 10 Font Size with 1.0 line spacing.
- Graphics, Charts, Tables, and Diagrams should be numbered consecutively and included in the body of the work.
- Submissions must be compatible with Microsoft Word (Preferably in docx format).
- Heading should strictly follow the following standard
- HEADING: All CAPITAL & Bold.
- SUB-HEADING First Letter CAPITAL & Bold
- Sub-sub-Heading : First Letter CAPITAL & Bold & Italic
- Abstract to be submitted on 30th November, 2022 should not be more than 200 words and should contain the background of the topic, the areas covered, the research question involved, the approach adopted and the conclusion.
- Co-authorship is allowed. Maximum number of Co-author for a submission shall only be one.
- Authors should provide their Name, Class/Designation and Institution to which he/she belongs for the submission.
- Footnotes must conform to BLUEBOOK a Uniform System of Citation, 20th Edn.
- Submission of Abstracts: 30th November 2022.
- Communication of Abstract Acceptance: 1st December 2022.
- Submission of Full paper: 7th December 2022.
- National Seminar: 14th and 15th December 2022
NB : There will be no extension whatsoever for the final submission on 7th December, 2022. Any clarification regarding the submission can be sought
Submissions must be emailed at [email protected] (Preferably in docx format) with all the above-mentioned requisites.
All the submissions will go through a solid system of scrutiny and the editorial committee will be in constant communication with authors for the advancement of every submission.