About the Economic Laws Practice
Economic Laws Practice (ELP) is a leading full-service Indian law firm established in the year 2001 by eminent lawyers from diverse fields. ELP brings to the table a rare combination of professionals including lawyers, chartered accountants, cost accountants, economists and company secretaries enabling them to offer services with a seamless cross-practice experience and top-of-the-line expertise to their clients.
About the opportunity
We are currently seeking a lawyer at a beginner level (0 to 2 years of work experience) for our International Trade team. As a member of the team, you will work with a team of lawyers and accountants on wide-ranging issues, including trade-remedy investigations, tariff, and non-tariff barriers, WTO disputes, policy advisory, advocacy for both government and private sector clients.
– Work closely with our team in representing clients in trade-remedy investigations, and advising on tariff and non-tariff barriers, export control laws, policy issues, and other areas of WTO laws.
– Draft written briefs, memoranda, and opinions for ongoing investigations/disputes or otherwise.
– Contribute to the firm’s knowledge capital through research and writing on emerging issues under the international trade laws.
Skills and Qualifications
– The candidate must be an advocate in good standing (if recently graduated, the candidate must enroll as an advocate at the earliest)
– The candidate must have good communication skills (both written and verbal)
– The candidate must have good research and analytical skills
– Familiarity with the body of international trade laws will be preferred
– An advanced degree in international trade laws/ international economic laws will be preferred
Interested candidates may write to [email protected]
- Job Post| Junior Legal Officer at Rajasthan State Industrial Development and Investment Corporation Ltd: Apply by Nov 13
- Job Post| Central Labour Service Officer at Ministry of Labour and Employment: Apply by Oct 28
- Job Post| Lawyer at SD & Associates: Apply now!
- Job Post| Litigation Junior Associate at SS Global Law Firm: Apply now!
- Job Post| Lawyer at Touchtone Partners: Apply now!