About the Ministry of Labour & Employment
The Ministry of Labour & Employment is one of the oldest and most important Ministries of the Government of India. This is India’s federal ministry which is responsible to protect and safeguard the interest of workers in general and their social security.
About the Job Opportunity
The Ministry of Labour and Employment, through UPSC’s ORA is seeking to hire for Junior Time Scale (JTS) Grade of Central Labour Service (Group ‘A’ Organized Service) consisting of the posts of Assistant Labour Commissioner (Central)/ Assistant Welfare Commissioner (Central)/ Assistant Labour Welfare Commissioner (Central)/ Assistant Director, Ministry of Labour & Employment.
These posts are permanent, classified as Central Labour Service, an Organized (Group ‘A’ Gazetted) Service.
Number of Vacancies
- Unreserved (UR): 17
- EWS (Economically Weaker Section_: 2
- OBC (Other Backward Classes): 4
- SC (Scheduled Caste): 5
- ST (Scheduled Tribe): 1
- PwBD (Person with Benchmark Disability): 2
- Total: 29
Duty of the CLS Officers
- The CLS Officers discharge statutory functions in the Central Sphere under various Labour enactments.
- Their main function includes prevention and settlement of Industrial disputes, enforcement of various Labour Laws and establishing harmonious relations between workers and management.
- These Officers are notified as Inspectors, Conciliation Officers and Appellate Authorities under the various Acts.
- Degree of a recognized University;
- Diploma in Social Work or Labour Welfare or Industrial Relations or Personnel Management or Labour Law from a recognized University or Institution.
Note: Qualification(s) are relaxable at the discretion of the Commission in case of candidates otherwise well qualified.
Desirable Qualification: Degree in Law from a recognized university.
- Not exceeding 35 years (UR)
- Not exceeding 38 years for OBC candidates as on normal closing date in respect of the vacancies reserved for them.
- Not exceeding 40 years for SC & ST candidates as on normal closing date in respect of the vacancies reserved for them.
Note 1: Relaxable for Central/U.T. Government servants up to five years in accordance with the instructions or orders issued by the Central Government.
Note 2: The crucial date for determining the age limit shall be as advertised by the Union Public Service Commission.
Level 10 of Pay Matrix Rs.56,100 – 1,77,500/-
Ministry of Labour and Employment, Shram Shakti Bhawan, Rafi Marg, New Delhi
- Job Posts| Corporate Transactional M&A Lawyer for Dubai Boutique Law Firm: Apply now!
- Job Post| Lawyer at Centre for Child and the Law, NLSIU: Apply by Dec 5
- Job Post| World Bank Junior Professional Associates Program: Apply Now!
- Job Post| Legal Management Trainee at Agriculture Insurance Company of India Ltd [Salary Upto Rs.42K]: Apply by Dec 13
- Job Post: Research Assistant at RGNUL [Stipend Rs. 25K]: Apply by Nov 25