Name, College, Year of Study
I am Ramanjot Singh, Pursuing LL.B. From Department of Law, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra and I am in my final semester.
Name of the Organisation
Advocate Rohit Jain, Ex-President District Bar Association
Duration of Internship
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
How did apply
I was referred to him by my senior and sent my CV and cover letter at his office.
In this Internship my main work involves:
- Tracking dates of cases and informing about them to clients
- Preparing clients and witnesses for evidence
- Appearing before magistrates for getting dates and filing applications on behalf of clients
- Drafting plaints and petitions on certain cases
- Legal research on facts in issue of cases
- Assisting Senior counsel in court proceedings
I received full support and guidance from fellow associates in chamber. They helped me in learning day to day activities in court. And they all were very approachable and also helped me in learning practical overview of court ethics which will help me in starting my career as a practising lawyer.
My residence is approximately 15 kms from District and Sessions court so I used to commute daily to court.
It was a great learning experience and appearing before Session Judge and other Magistrates was a new thing for me which motivated me very much for appearing in Judicial Services Exam. And hearing arguments between Advocates helped me a lot in my moot court viva.