The Chair on Consumer Law and Practice, National Law School of India University, Bangalore is organising a National Webinar Series on the Consumer Protection Act, 2019 Rules and Regulations.
About the Chair On Consumer Law And Practice (CLAP):
The Chair on Consumer Law and Practice is acting as a “Think Thank” for the Research and Policy related issues on Consumer Law and Practice. The Chair has also developed curriculum on Consumer Welfare Laws as a distinct subject of study both at Under Graduate & Post Graduate levels and is imparting to the students in law at NLSIU. The Chair has organised various seminars, workshops and training programs to Advocates, NGO’s, Government officers, Academicians etc., to bring awareness on consumer protection laws. This webinar series is a step towards accomplishing the aim of this initiative.
The Consumer Protection Act, 2019, came into force on 20th & 24th July, 2020 (two different dates for different sets of provisions of the Act) replacing the 33 year old Consumer Protection Act. 1986. The new Act strengthened the legal and policy framework towards achieving the avowed object of better protection of Consumer in India.
This webinar series will address analysis of CPA, 2019, Rules and Regulations specifically concentrating on New Chapters like Central Consumer Protection Authority, Mediation, Product Liability & provision relating to E-commerce and Misleading Advertisements. The webinar series will also analyse comparison between CPA 2019 and CPA 1986 Act.
The webinar series is open to Consumer Activists, NGOs, Academicians, Practitioners, Researchers, Government officials, Members of Regulatory Authorities, Students and all those who are interested in consumer welfare.
E-Certificate will be awarded to the registered participants who attend all the sessions of the 6 Days National Webinar through zoom platform and submit feedback form provided on the concluding day of the programme.
Webinar: 21st – 26th August, 2020 (4 p.m. to 5.30 p.m.)
Platform: ZOOM (Register to receive meeting Details)
Last date of Registration: 20th August, 2020 before 5 p.m.
Registration Fee: Free
Note: The non-registered participants may also view through Facebook Page & Youtube.
You might be also interested at:
- Drafting Workshop-cum-Competition | by Asian Law College: Register by: Aug 16 (Prizes worth 2.2K+)
- Essay Writing Competition | By GNLU MUN: Register by Aug 20 (Prizes Worth 10K)
- NLIU’s International Law School Negotiation Tournament (Prizes Worth Rs 1 Lakh):Register by Sept 17
- Free Quizzing at Lawnomy | Register by Aug 18 | Prizes Worth Rs 6100
- Call for Papers for Juscholars Journal (Volume 1, Issue 7): Submit by Aug 18
- Call for Blogs| RGNUL’s CASIHR The Human Rights Blog: Rolling Submissions
- Call for Paper | Journal of Transnational Commercial Law by MNLU , Aurangabad: Submit by August 20