Top 2 winners (in alphabetical order):
1. Arushi Gupta and Rishabh Bhardwaj (O.P. Jindal Global University)
2. Manu Sharma (Symbiosis Law School, Pune)
Next top 10 candidates are (in alphabetical order):
1. Aditi Sharma (Govt. New Law College, Indore)
2. Damini Sharma and Nisarg Trivedi (School of law, Bennett University)
3. Deepak Thakur School of Law, Christ (Deemed to be University) Bangalore
4. Garima Darda (Symbiosis Law School, Pune)
5. Kartik Madaan (Institute of Law, Nirma University)
6. Piyush Kumar Jalan and Surabhi Rathi (Amity University, Kolkata)
7. Pranav Kaushal (Bahra University)
8. Priyanka Chemudupati and Swetalana Rout (Sanjivayya National law University, Visakhapatnam)
9. Tahhira Somal and Jasleen Virk (Jindal Global law school )
10. Vasundhara Dhar (Birla Global University)
The free publication opportunity has been extended to publication in our upcoming e-compilation to the top 12 candidates. They have been given an option to get a blog publication or publication in the upcoming e-compilation. (None of them is chargeable)
Apart from above mentioned, articles of few more candidates have been selected publication. The concerned candidates will be informed regarding the same.
All the participants shall be given certificate of participation. (by end of this month)
CASE SUMMARY WRITING COMPETITION BY JUSCHOLARS. REGISTER BY APRIL 10. WIN CASH PRIZES.
About the Blog
Juscholars is a student-edited, completely open access law blog to reiterate the importance and multi-disciplinary approach of law. Blog is aimed to foster legal research by providing a platform to encourage the original and unpublished work of authors.
Juscholars Blog welcomes blog submissions on rolling basis on issues relating to law. The blog accepts submission from students, academicians, lawyers, judges and other esteemed members of the legal fraternity.
About the competition:
Juscholars is conducting a Case Summary Writing Competition. This competition is meant to encourage the writing skills of the students and honour the best writers with a certificate and recognition.
The competition is open to all students across India. (Not restricted to law students)
The participant can select any case law to prepare a summary.
Top 2 winners- Rs 500 cash prize + Certificate of merit + Free blog publication + Internship Opportunity
Next top 10 winners- Certificate of Appreciation + Free blog publication + Internship Opportunity
All participants shall be given certificate of participation.
Guidelines for Contributions:
- All summaries must be submitted in English Language only.
- Co-authorship is allowed.
- All submissions shall be made to [email protected]
- Details of the author(s) shall be provided in the body of the email.
- There is no word limit as such, as the content will vary from case to case.
- Guidelines for Writing Case Summaries/brief: (Suggestive)
- Mention the proper case title and the citation.
- Name of the Court, Name of the judges and the Parties.
- Brief facts
- Important arguments (from both parties)
- Present Status of the Judgment (whether still applicable or over-ruled)
- Conclusion, if any
- The last date for:
- Registration: 10 April 2020
- Submission: 10 April 2020
- Date of Declaration of Results: by the end of 3rd week of April
Rs 150 (co-author- Rs 250)
After the payment, all the participant(s) must share the payment details (Transaction Id or Transaction screenshot) along with following details to [email protected] with subject, “Case Summary Competition- Registration”
- Year of study
- Institutional Affiliation
- Contact Info (Phone number and email address)
- Payment details
Bank account details:
Account name: Aishwarya Agrawal
Account number: 39213019489
Bank: State Bank of India
IFSC Code: SBIN0004286
For any other preferred mode of payment, drop a mail regarding the same at: [email protected]
E-mail: juscholars.b[email protected]