About Indus Action
Indus Action was founded by Harvard students with the vision of solving India’s deep-rooted problems via public policy. The organization seeks to identify the wide gaps that exist in policy framing and their grassroots implementation. It also aims to mobilize public resources and empower communities to bridge that gap.
Indus Action’s first campaign was launched in 2013 to support the effective implementation of Section 12(1)(c) of the Right to Education Act, 2005. Under this section it is mandatory for unaided, non-minority private schools to reserve at least 25% of seats in Nursery, KG and Class 1 for children belonging to disadvantaged and economically weaker sections.
About the Legal Internship Opportunity
Indus Action is inviting applications for a Policy Intern.
- Graduate or pursuing Post Graduation from a reputed recognised university. Preference will be given to students of public policy, law and social work
- 0-2 years of experience in on ground policy implementation and field interactions with stakeholders
- A strong local understanding- culture, language, terrain
Roles and Responsibilities
- Field operations: Direct on ground support with mapping Labour chowks, construction sites. Facilitating processes from registration to claim benefits delivery with the team.
- Data Analysis: Input data collected from the field into systems designed by the team. Analysis of data that emerges after regular visits.
- Research: Support in research related to BoCW rules and regulations, notifications, government order,etc which are essential for executing field operations.
- Stakeholder management: Day to day interactions with stakeholders- construction workers, SEWA Kendras, community leaders, frontline workers of the Labour department, etc as a part of the field visits.
Knowledge and Technical Skills
- External Stakeholder management and field operations/volunteering experience.
- Proficient with essential technology tools such as excel, powerpoint and other such functions
- Essential- proficiency in speaking and reading Hindi and Punjabi
Behavioral Competencies and Values
- Commitment to timelines and action
- Patience and smartwork in navigating circumstances faced on the field while engaging with civil society
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to work in complex social environments
The intern will be compensated based on the Indus Action ‘s compensation benchmarking rubric. The range of compensation will be between INR 10000-15000/- per month depending on qualifications, experience and fit to the role.
Attention all law students!
Are you tired of missing out on internship, job opportunities and law notes?
Well, fear no more! With 45,000+ students already on board, you don't want to be left behind. Be a part of the coolest legal community around!
Join our WhatsApp Groups (Click Here) and Telegram Channel (Click Here) and get instant notifications.
Note: This is a "LawBhoomi Exclusive" opportunity/post.