About the National University of Advanced Legal Studies
The National University of Advanced Legal Studies is a uni-disciplinary university in Kochi, India for undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate legal education. The Centre for Parliamentary Studies and Law Reforms (CPSLR) has been set up with an objective to make the legislation more effective for social transformation and to achieve social justice by equitable administration of law.
About the Competition
The Editorial team of the Restructuring & Insolvency Law Journal is pleased to invite original essays for the Essay Writing Competition from academicians, professionals and law students.
In order to carry forward the objectives of the Centre, beginning with an e-Newsletter focusing on the law relating to Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 introduced in 2018, the Centre is now conducting an Article Writing Competition to disseminate knowledge relating to the current affairs in the field of IBC and help to spread awareness about the law and practice area.
The submissions must fall under one of the following categories:
- Contemporary issue in insolvency and bankruptcy law
- Corporate restructuring law – Compromises, Schemes, Amalgamations, Mergers & Acquisitions
- Pre-Insolvency Restructuring Methods
The participants may choose any contemporary topic related to the aforementioned topics.
Submission Procedure and Guidelines
- The word limit for the contribution is 2500 to 3500 words. (excluding footnotes)
- Submissions shall be in (.docx) format.
- Main text: Times New Roman, font size 12, line spacing 1.5.
- Footnotes: Times New Roman, font size 10, line spacing 1.0. (Footnotes should be incorporated wherever necessary). Style of citation: Bluebook 20th Edition.
- Co-authorship is allowed to a maximum of 2 authors.
- Plagiarism will lead to disqualification of the contribution.
- Submissions must be made in the electronic form to [email protected] under the subject heading “Submission: 1st Article Writing Competition – RILJ”.
- The last date of submission is 15th June, 2021.
- The body of the mail shall contain details of the author including Full name (as required on the certificate, year of study, University and contact number.
- There is no Registration fee for the participation.
- 1st Prize – Rs. 5000
- 2nd Prize – Rs. 2000
- 3rd Prize – Rs. 1000
- The top 3 articles along with selected contributions considered on individual merit will be published in a peer-reviewed book to be published by CPSLR on Insolvency & Bankruptcy Code. [The physical copy of the book will be provided only on request and a payment of a publication fee.]
- Digital Certificate of Merit will be awarded to the top 5 contributors.
- Digital Certificate of Participation will be awarded to all the participants.
E-mail: [email protected]
- Vallari D: +91 9986481396
- Jinu Jose: +91 8606629521
- Shiren Panjolia: +91 75108 27071