Poko is a Web3 payments start-up building solutions that make it easier for the next billion users to access Web3. We’re early stage and in a high-growth phase, having recently launched our first product and with a pipeline of two products scheduled for 2023. They enable users to more seamlessly enter and exit the Web3 ecosystem through fiat<>crypto ‘onramps’ and ‘offramps’.
About the Internship
- Position: Legal Product Manager Intern (2 interns)
- Reporting to: Legal Head
- Application Period:1 March 2023 – 25 March 2023. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so please apply at the earliest.
- Internship duration: Long term (6-12 months), with potential to convert to a permanent position.
- Potential to convert to a more permanent role post-internship
- Opportunity to learn from a global team who are passionate about web3 technology and to work with industry leaders in the Web3 ecosystem
- Opportunity to collaborate with regulators & policymakers to shape future Web3 regulation
- Ability to work closely with our global legal advisory board, comprising senior legal practitioners (Baker McKenzie, Linklaters, Cravath)
- B.A. LL.B (Hons.) student, in 3rd, 4th or 5th year
- Experience working in the technology sector
- Experience in contract drafting
- Innovative thinker with entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience with crypto
- Nice to haves
- DeFi user
- Experience with AML/financial crime
As an LPM intern, your primary responsibilities will include: i. Supporting the Legal Head with legal & compliance work ii. Supporting with outreach and sales. As this is a cross-functional role, you may sometimes receive work spanning different areas like product, marketing, partnerships, customer success etc. We’re looking for interns who thrive in such dynamic work environments and are comfortable context-switching.
- Help setup Poko’s compliance programs from ground-up, including its AML/CFT; Know Your Business; data privacy; and cybersecurity programs
- Conduct KYB/AML/DD checks to onboard Poko’s customers
- Conduct legal research on
- Laws/regulations related to on/off-ramping across our target markets (US; EU; LATAM; Asia; Africa)
- Licensing requirements for VASPs and related businesses
- Global banking & financial regulations, including around payments, custody, money transfer etc
- Draft and review commercial contracts
- Conduct risk assessments and perform due diligence checks on Poko’s partners (payment processors, banks, VASPs etc)
- Formulate compliance frameworks for emerging technologies like NFTs, DAOs, DeFi etc. For eg., how do we apply traditional KYB/AML compliance checks to a DAO whose members/officers may be anonymous?
- Manage outreach to new customer segments – including crypto wallets, NFT marketplaces, DeFi and other decentralized applications (dApps)
- Participate in and potentially lead sales calls
- Work closely with product and engineering teams to develop a software product – take a product perspective to compliance to find innovative product solutions to challenging legal questions.
A monthly stipend of $100 (or Rs 8,300 approx.) for part-time commitment (20 hours/week * 4) is subject to increase based on performance review after 6 months.
Long-term (6-12 months), with the potential to convert to a permanent position
Mode of Internship
If you feel you’re a good fit for this role, please send the following to [email protected] with the subject Legal PM Intern – Full Name:
- Your CV
- A short note on why you’re a great fit for this role, including your experience with crypto and Web3 – particularly with DeFi, dApps, Metamask etc
If you have any questions about this JD, feel free to reach out to [email protected].
Attention all law students!
Are you tired of missing out on internship, job opportunities and law notes?
Well, fear no more! With 45,000+ students already on board, you don't want to be left behind. Be a part of the coolest legal community around!
Join our WhatsApp Groups (Click Here) and Telegram Channel (Click Here) and get instant notifications.