The Post Graduate College of Law has a glorious history of more than 119 years. The Faculty of Law started classes in 1899 by Legal Department during Nizam period, in Hyderabad State. PG College of Law, Osmania University, Basheerbagh, Hyderabad is going to organize 10 days faculty development programme on Interdisciplinary Research and Teaching in Law and Social Sciences: Emerging Trends.
The workshop would aim at addressing the issues of effective learning, teaching and research.
The primary objectives of the workshop are to:
- Train the participants and update their knowledge for best teaching methodology and practices.
- Train the participants in the interdisciplinary research approach.
- Acquire the knowledge on the application of various social sciences into law like, law and economics, law and sociology etc.
- Understand the impact of New Education Policy 2020 on Legal Education.
- Enable the participants; understand the role of a Law Teacher in effective teaching and learning.
The Workshop would focus on a range of subjects in relation to Legal Research. Some illustrative areas are indicated below:
- · Opportunities in research in Law (About UGC Projects, Research Positions in Courts)
- · Recent trends in Consumer Laws
- · English Language and Law
- · Recent Trends in Alternate Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- · Law and Economics, Law and Statistics
- · Recent Trends in Intellectual Property Regime (IPR)
- · Emerging issues in Corporate Laws
- · Law and its application in Political Science, Sociology, Psychology
- · Evolution of Constitutional Law and its application
- · Criminal law aspects and recent trends
- · Research in Family Law and New Developments
- · Law and History
- Recent Trends in Labour law and Research
The course is for Teachers and Research Scholars in Law and Social Sciences from recognized Universities, Colleges and Research Institutions. Any Full-Time, Ad-hoc, Part- Time, Visiting faculty and Part-Time, Full-Time researchers in law are eligible for the Course. The applicants must have completed their PG and must be teaching or doing research.
Registration and Confirmation All the participants are requested to register by filling this Online Registration Form on or before 30th August 2020 without fail.
Registration is mandatory for all the participants. For further queries, please email at: [email protected] The candidates are encouraged to apply early, without waiting for the deadline.
Fee: Rs. 100/-
Mode of Payment
- Name of Bank: State Bank of India
- Name of Branch: Gun Foundry
- Bank A/c. No: 62013837964
- Name: Principal, PG College of Law
- IFSC Code: SBIN0020066
It is necessary to make the payment of fees and enter the payment details in the Registration Form. The confirmation of participation will be communicated by 1st September 2020 to all selected participants. The applications would be accepted on a first-come-first basis subject to eligibility.
The decision of the Coordinator regarding the selection of candidates would be final. The tentative timings of the course would be from 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM every day, comprising of 2 sessions. The detailed schedule of the workshop would be shared with the selected participants.
- Last Date for Registration: 30th August 2020
- Confirmation of Participation on 1st September 2020
- Course Commencement Date: 7th September 2020
- Course Completion Date: 17th September 2020
The participants would be given Online Certificate [Electronic form only] upon successful completion of the course.
- The participants shall attend all the sessions and the attendance would be monitored.
- The participants shall make their own arrangements to participate in this online course.
- The participants shall conduct themselves in proper and decent manner, and any improper behaviour or misconduct would attract removal from the workshop.
- The organizing committee reserves the right to make any changes in the schedule/conduct of the course, with regard to timings and experts for the course.
- The decision of the organizing committee would be final with regard to any aspect of the course, and all the participants shall oblige by the same.
- Rohit Vijay: 8465916767
You might be also interested at:
- Free Webinar| FDP by IMS Law College [Aug 29-30]: Registration Open!
- Free Webinar| by RGNUL on Debunking Rape Myths and Stereotypes on Aug 30: Registrations Open!
- Free Webinar| Future of Basic Structure and The Essential Feature Doctrine by ICFAI [Aug 27, 11 AM]
- Call for Applications for Scholarships and Financial Assistance by CAN Foundation (Eklavya)