The NLS Business Law Review is an initiative by the National Law School of India University. The review intends to recognise and foster academic research and scholarship in commercial law by examining the myriad regulatory frameworks, domestic or international, that impact doing business in India or globally.
Company law, securities and capital markets regulation, banking and finance, taxation, foreign investment, competition law, commercial dispute resolution, contract and commercial law, and employment law.
· Articles (6,000 – 10,000 words) are comprehensive publications that analyse important themes, and may adopt comparative perspectives.
· Essays (4,000 – 6,000 words) typically identify a specific issue, which may be of contemporary relevance, and present a central argument.
· Case Notes, Legislative Comments, Book/Article Reviews (1,500 – 3,000 words).
· Submissions are reviewed on a rolling basis. Currently, the Journal is inviting submissions for its 7th Volume. The deadline for sending submissions for the forthcoming volume is October 20, 2020.
· Submissions must be made in electronic form to [email protected] under the subject heading ‘NLSBLR Vol. 7 Submission: ’. The submissions by students of NLSIU must be made to [email protected]
· No biographical information or references, including the name(s) of the author(s), affiliation(s) and acknowledgments should be included in the text of the manuscript, file name or document properties. All such information may be incorporated in the cover letter accompanying the manuscripts.
· The NLSBLR uses only footnotes (and not endnotes) as a method of citation. Submissions must conform to the Oxford Standard for Citation of Legal Authorities. Please note that SCC citations for cases must be preferred wherever available.
Articles for the blog must be between 1,000-2,500 words and the relevant citations must be hyperlinked. All contributions must be made in a .doc or .docx format. The contributions must necessarily be accompanied with a subtitle and the author’s byline of not more than 50 words. Submissions must be made in electronic form to [email protected] under the subject heading ‘NLSBLR Vol. 7 Submission: ’. The submissions by students of NLSIU must be made to [email protected].
We accept contributions to the BLR Forum on a rolling basis. BLR strives to ensure a speedy and efficient review process. We follow a system of two rounds of review by the Editorial Board for publication in the BLR Forum. Authors should be prepared to make suitable changes to their articles as required by the Editorial Board before publication.
Please note that submissions not conforming to these guidelines may be returned or rejected. While we strive to provide substantive feedback for every submission we receive, it may not always be possible to do so, given the large number of submissions. We reserve the right to reject submissions without providing substantive feedback.
To stay updates about legal opportunities and events round the nation, join our WhatsApp group.
You might be also interested at:
- Essay Competition| by NLSIU’s Law & Technology Society: Register by Oct 15 [Cash Prizes- Rs 1 Lakh]
- Online Internship Opportunity @PRS India [November & December]: Applications Open!
- Call for Papers| MNLU’s Virtual Conference on Recent Trends in Mediation: Submit by Oct 15
- Public Policy Making Competition| by Yogya-Empowering Society:Register by Oct 20 [Free Registration]