The Fairfield Institute of Management and Technology (FIMT) group of colleges was started with the mission of imparting quality education to the youths of the country.
Fairfield Institute of Management and Technology Law Journal (FIMTLJ) is now accepting submission for its (Volume 2 & 3).
They are accepting articles and papers on legal, social, cultural, political, and international relations academia in the region.
The Journal encourages the contribution of Articles, Essays, Notes and Comments (Case Comments, Book Comments, Legislative Comments, Policy Comments and Scholarship Comments) from the members of judiciary, scholars, academicians, researchers, practitioners, policymakers and students of law and other members of the legal fraternity.
How to Submit
- FIMTLJ only accepts electronic submissions. Submissions have to be submitted only through this link.
- They shall only accept manuscripts submitted through the above form.
- The manuscript should be in .docx format. All manuscripts must also contain an abstract of not more than 300 words. The manuscript should not contain the name of the author or his/ her institutional affiliation or any other identification mark.
- Garamond, 12 pt, 1.5 spacing, 1-inch gap on all four sides.
All manuscripts should be original and should not be simultaneously considered by any other publication and co‐authorship to a maximum of three authors is permitted except in special cases. The Journal accepts manuscripts for publication on a rolling basis throughout the year and the last date for submission for the volume is September 30th 2020. Submissions made thereafter shall be considered for publication in the next issue.
- Long Manuscripts: Between 5000 and 8000 words, inclusive of footnotes. Manuscripts in this category are expected to engage with the theme and literature comprehensively and offer an innovative reassessment of the current understanding of that theme. It is advisable, though not necessary, to choose a theme that is of contemporary importance. Purely theoretical pieces are also welcome.
- Short Manuscripts: Between 3000 and 5000 words, inclusive of footnotes. Short Manuscripts are far more concise in scope. These Manuscripts usually deal with a very specific issue and argue that the issue must be conceptualized differently. They are more engaging and make a more easily identifiable, concrete argument.
- Case Notes and Legislative Comments: Between 1500 and 2500 words, inclusive of footnotes. This is an analysis of any contemporary judicial pronouncement or a new piece of legislation whether in India or elsewhere. The note must identify and examine the line of cases in which the decision in question came about, and comment on implications for the evolution of that branch of law. In case of legislative comment, the note must analyze the objective of the legislation and the legal impact the same is expected to have.
- Books reviews should focus on books published in the past three years. Reviews of older books may be accepted if the author can justify why a review would be timely and a good fit for the journal. Book reviews inform readers about current advances in the field and encourage productive discourse. Submissions should be less than 1,500 words in length which describe the book’s arguments and provides a critical analysis of the book’s strengths and weaknesses.
Plagiarism: All the contributions should be the original work of the contributors and should not have been submitted for consideration in any other Journal. All the contributions shall be put through plagiarism check software and any plagiarized work will be outrightly rejected. The contributions presented to and accepted for publication and the copyrights therein shall be the intellectual property of the Law Journal.
Indemnification: All contributors, by submitting the Manuscripts towards the Law Journal, agree to indemnify the Fairfield Institute of Management and Technology and FIMTLJ from and against all claims, suits, and damages based on any claim of copyright infringement or plagiarism or unauthorized use.
To stay updates about legal opportunities and events round the nation, join our whatsapp group.
Click Here, to join a whatsapp group.
You might be also interested at:
- Call for Papers| CNLU’s [IPHD Bulletin]: Submit by Sept 15 [No Publication Fee]
- Call for Paper| RGNUL’s Financial and Mercantile Law Review: Submit by Sept 25 (No Publication Fee)
- Call for Papers| NCU Law Review: Submit by Oct 15
- Internship Opportunity| Human Rights Law Network: Application Open!
- Online Internship Opportunity at PRS Legislative Research [Sept and Oct]: Applications Open