About the University Of Lucknow
The University of Lucknow was established in 1867 and is one of India’s oldest government-owned higher education institutions. It is affiliated with University Grants Commission (UGC); the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU), the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), and the Distance Education Council (DEC).
The Faculty of Law, University of Lucknow has been a pioneering legal institution in India. It was founded in 1921 by three instructors. Mr. Jag Mohan Nath Chak was the first Head & Dean, moreover Prof. R.U. Singh was the true architect, who structured teaching and research at the faculty in a methodical manner with considerable fervor and enthusiasm.
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Memorial Lecture (Offline)
- National Essay Writing Competition (Submission deadline: 16th April 2023)
- Quiz Competition (Offline)
Venue & Time
Juris Hall, Faculty of Law, University of Lucknow.
The event will commence on 14th April 2023 from 10:00 AM.
Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Memorial Lecture
To recognize Babasaheb’s contribution to academia, the 3rd Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Memorial lectures are being organized on 14th April 2023. Dr. B.R. Ambedkar was a person with multiple talents as he was an educationist and jurist, and worked as a socio-political reformer. In free India, his contribution is precious in varied arenas and the list of his achievements is long. The lectures shall be delivered by eminent personalities, The lectures are open to the public from any stream, The lectures will be delivered in offline mode at Juris Hall, Second Campus, University of Lucknow.
National Essay Writing Competition
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar’s Views on Democracy and Political Representation: A Comparative Study with Western Political Thought
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar’s Vision of a Federal India: An Evaluation of his Views on the Centre-State Relationship
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar’s Contributions to Women’s Rights and Gender Equality in India
- The Significance of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar’s Philosophy of Human Rights and its Relevance in Contemporary Times
- National Article Writing competition shall be organized in online mode and the last date for registration and Submission for same is 16 April 2023 (11:59 PM).
- The Article shall be submitted via email at [email protected] and the subject of the email shall be “Your Name_Article Topic”.
- The E-mail body shall consist of Name, Institute & Contact Number.
- The Entry Fee for the Article Writing Competition is 50 rupees for a Single Author and 70 rupees for a Co-author.
- The Article shall be written in English only.
- An article can be co-authored by a maximum of two participants.
- The word limit of the article should be 1200- 1500 words.
- Plagiarism of a maximum of 10% will be allowed.
- Guidelines for the article are as follows: Font -Times New Roman Font, Line spacing: 1.5, size- 14, for titles Citation: Bluebook 19th Edition.
- The article will be evaluated on the basis of Grammar, Understanding of the topic, Expression, Research, and Coherence.
Theme of Quiz:
Dr. B.R. Ambedkar’s Literary Contributions and Legacy
The quiz shall be conducted on 14th April 2023 offline.
- Participants are forbidden to use any search engine or any other extra printed/non-printed material, which shall be ground for immediate disqualification.
- There will be three rounds.
- First round: 50 Multiple Choice Questions in 15 minutes. Candidates qualifying First round will be forwarded to the Second round.
- Second round: 25 Mulitple Choice Questions in 10 minutes. Candidates qualifying Second round will be forwarded to the Final round.
- Final Rounds will be done through buzzer mode.
- The entry fee for Quiz Competition is 30 Rupees per person.
- Cash prize of 1100/- along with a Certificate and Medal shall be given to the Winner, Publication of the Winning Article at Jus Corpus and Articles of 2nd & 3rd position will be published in the Journal of Legal Research and Juridical Sciences, Internship Opportunity at Jus Corpus to the top 10 participants and Certificate of participation shall be given to all participants of Bhimotsav National Article Writing Competition.
- Cash prize, Certificate, and Medal to the winner and Runner Up of the Quiz; Certificate of participation to all participants.
- National Essay Writing competition shall be conducted via Online mode. (Last date for registration and submission: 16th April 2023)
- Quiz shall be conducted via offline mode at Juris Hall, New Campus, University of Lucknow. (Registrations open till 13th April 2023)
Kunwar Shashank: +91 9721595177
Nishant Kumar: +91 8979949382
Mail ID: [email protected]
The official brochure is here.
Attention all law students!
Are you tired of missing out on internship, job opportunities and law notes?
Well, fear no more! With 45,000+ students already on board, you don't want to be left behind. Be a part of the coolest legal community around!
Join our WhatsApp Groups (Click Here) and Telegram Channel (Click Here) and get instant notifications.