About Punjab State Human Rights Commission
Punjab State Human Rights Commission was set up vide notification by the Punjab State Government on 17th March 1997 under the Protection of Human Rights Act 1993 No 10 of 1994. The Commission started functioning on 16th July 1997. Section 21 (2) of the Act makes provision for the constitution of the State Human Rights Commission consisting of:
- A Chairperson who has been a Chief Justice or a Judge of a High Court
- One Member who is, or has been a Judge of a High Court or District Judge in the state with a minimum of seven years experience as District Judge;
- One Member to be appointed from amongst persons having knowledge of, or practical experience in, matters relating to human rights.
About the Internship
The Commission has been holding an Internship Programme in its office at Chandigarh since the year 2007, in order to spread awareness of human rights issues among University students. This program is open to students pursuing graduate, and post-graduate studies in Law, Human Rights, etc.
During the program, the students are exposed to the work of the Commission. They become aware of the provisions of the Constitution and the main institutions and international instruments relevant to understanding of human rights. The internship would also include hands-on exposure to Human Rights Cases, interactions with the Hon’ble Chairperson and Members, and project reports on Human rights issues, etc.
If required, the merit will be made on the basis of marks calculated out of a total of 100 marks on account of Class X & XII @ 30 Marks each, and the Marks scored in the Write-up of 500 words @ 40 Marks
- Timings: 10.00 am to 2.00 pm
- They will have to attend the program regularly without a break.
- On completion of the Internship, certificates will be issued on the basis of performance on the following criteria:
- Attendance; Punctuality, Discipline, Participation in Class during sessions; Project Presentation and project Report and Debate.
Duration of Internship
Internship period 1 month
No stipend/ No accommodation
You are requested to kindly submit the following details with attached Annexure 1 through (email only on [email protected]) on or before 5.00 pm on 15 December 2023.
Documents required and selection criteria will be as follows:-
- Latest CV
- 10th marks sheet self-attested
- 12th marks sheet self attested
- Reason for wanting to join as an Intern in PSHRC: Please attach a write-up of 500 words
- Recommendation letter from college HOD
- College Id proof
- Annexure I (Copy Attached)
You can send the above-mentioned documents along with a scanned copy of Annexure I (copy attached) and write-up through mail at [email protected] for selection by the Commission up to 15th December 2023 on or before 5.00 pm. No application after 15th December 2023 will be entertained. All the selected candidates along with their date of joining would be informed through E-mail only.
For any details, you may please contact at Ph: 0172-2635406-7 (between 9.00 am to 5.00 pm on working days, i.e. Monday to Friday).
The official notification is here.
Attention all law students!
Are you tired of missing out on internship, job opportunities and law notes?
Well, fear no more! With 45,000+ students already on board, you don't want to be left behind. Be a part of the coolest legal community around!
Join our WhatsApp Groups (Click Here) and Telegram Channel (Click Here) and get instant notifications.