About the CUSAT
The School of Legal Studies, Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT), Cochin, Kerala. School of Legal School, CUSAT is one of the oldest Law Schools in India. The Law School was initially started as the Post Graduate Department of Law of the University of Kerala in the year 1962 under the leadership and guidance of the late Prof. (Dr.) A.T.Markose, an internationally acclaimed jurist and academician. The School of Legal Studies became part of Cochin University in the year 1971.
About the webinar
The four-day webinar aims to raise awareness among the legal community about the problems posed by Digital Sequence Information on Biodiversity Law. Although there is no commonly acknowledged definition, Digital Sequence Information (DSI) refers to digital information on the sequence order of subunits of molecules derived from organisms. It contains digital biological data such as genetic information, bio information, natural information, sequence information, genetic sequence data, nucleotide sequence data, and in silico genetic resources.
- Dr. Prabha S Nair, Associate Professor of Law, Saveetha University, Chennai & Member of the National Level Expert Committee on Digital Sequence Information, National Biodiversity Authority.
- Dr. Lesly Augustine, Assistant Professor, Sacred Hearts College, Thevara, Kochi.
- Dr. Narendran Thiruthy, Technical Officer, National Biodiversity Authority, Chennai.
- Mr.Edward Hammond, Advisor, Third World Network, Malaysia.
- Date: October 4-7, 2021
- Time: 4:30-6 PM
- Mode: Online
NOTE:-A Certificate of Participation will be awarded to those who have attended all the sessions.
Sulok S. K. (Programme Co-ordinator)
Contact Number: +91 80751 15487
- National Conference on Tribal Transition in India by HNLU: Submit Abstract by Oct 30
- Webinar on Cryptocurrency and Financial Technology Sector by SLS Hyderabad: Register by Oct 28
- RGNUL’s One-Day Online Lecture on How the Law and Legal System in India have Failed to Deliver Justice [Oct 25, 3 PM]: Register Now!
- 2-Day International Seminar by GH Raisoni Law College [Oct 23-24]: Papers Invited!
- Free Webinar on Privacy as a Constitutional Tort by Mahindra University: Register Now!