About Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy
The Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy (‘Vidhi’) is an independent think-tank doing legal research to make better laws and improve governance for the public good. We do this through high quality, peer reviewed original legal research; through engaging with the Government of India, State governments and other public institutions to both inform policy-making and to effectively convert policy into law; and through strategic litigation petitioning courts on important law and policy issues.
About the Job
Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy is looking for one (1) Research Fellow
Eligibility and Experience
- An undergraduate degree in law.
- 0-3 years of work experience, (a master’s degree will be counted as one year of work experience).
- Working knowledge of Kannada (spoken and written).
- Good research and writing skills.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Prior experience of working and publishing on critical issues relating to law and policy in Karnataka in the context of urban governance, property rights, social welfare, among other areas that are within the purview of the State Government under the Constitution.
- Master’s degree in law, social sciences, or public policy studies.
Roles and Responsibilities
Vidhi Karnataka is looking for one (1) Research Fellow who will be expected to:
- Undertake high quality research on issues related to the legal aspects of urban governance, property rights, social welfare, among other areas that are within the purview of the State Government under the Constitution.
- Prepare reports, research notes and presentations
- Coordinate and attend meetings with government officials, academic, researchers and other stakeholders
- Engage with government officials on ongoing and new projects in drafting laws
- Organise and attend consultations with key stakeholders for informing and disseminating Vidhi’s research
- Write articles, blogs and participate in podcasts to disseminate research work.
Last Date to Apply
24 January, 2023
Interested candidates should apply through the online portal and must submit the following documents merged in one document;
- Latest Curriculum Vitae (CV) in not more than two (2) pages.
- An original writing sample of not more than 1000 words with an in-depth analysis on any recent legal issue pertaining to any of the aforementioned themes, demonstrating the candidate’s legal analysis and writing skills.
- A brief statement of motivation in applying for the position, in not more than 500 words
- Names and contact details of two referees who may be contacted for references. Referees should be either someone who has directly supervised your work or has taught you a course at university level.
Attention all law students!
Are you tired of missing out on internship, job opportunities and law notes?
Well, fear no more! With 45,000+ students already on board, you don't want to be left behind. Be a part of the coolest legal community around!
Join our WhatsApp Groups (Click Here) and Telegram Channel (Click Here) and get instant notifications.