About the Chanakya National Law University
Chanakya National Law University [CNLU] is an autonomous law school in Patna, Bihar, India. It was established in 2006 by the Government of Bihar as a public university dedicated to the field of Legal Education.
About the Internship Opportunity
The objective of the internship opportunity with CENTRE FOR ADVANCED RESEARCH IN CORPORATE AND INSOLVENCY LAWS (CARCIL) of CNLU Patna is:
- To familiarize interested and willing students of Corporate Laws with Company Legislations, Bankruptcy and Insolvency Laws, Corporate Governance, Securities Legislations and their applications.
- To research in the areas of Corporate Laws.
- To conduct exploratory and doctrinal research in the field of Insolvency, Bankruptcy, and Securities Laws.
- To interact with legal academicians, policy practitioners, and experts on Corporate Laws.
- Be the Key Facilitator and Reference Point for highest standards of research in Corporate Law, Governance and Insolvency in India.
- To be the Centre of Excellence.
- To foster a culture of good governance, voluntary compliance and facilitate effective participation of different stakeholders.
- Focused research on the relation between social changes and the corporation.
- To look beyond the black box of the corporation and research the role of the main corporate actors, including the board, shareholders, supervisors as well as the role of public and private regulation in relation to corporations.
- The contribute in the development of Insolvency laws with sense of directions.
Number of Interns Required
- Applicable to Indian Nationals only.
- The internship is open to students pursuing 3 year/5 year undergraduate Laws course or 1 year/2 year LL.M. Course from recognized Institutions and Universities.
Skills and Attributes Required
- Students must have a keen interest in Commercial Laws and the wide aspects of this field of Law.
- Students must have a prudent and ample amount of knowledge and understanding pertaining to Commercial Laws, Bankruptcy and Insolvency Laws, and Corporate Governance.
- Students must be well versed in the types and procedures of conducting research.
Scheme of Internship
- The internship is normally for a period of one month, commencing on the 1st working day of the month. However, applicants desirous of pursuing an Internship for 2-3 calendar months can also apply with due recommendation of the respective universities/Colleges/ Institution for the period applied for.
- There will be a short induction program on provisions of Companies Act, 2013, Bankruptcy and Insolvency Laws, Research Methodology on the 1st day of Internship by the esteemed Director and Co-Director of CARCIL, CNLU, Patna.
- The Internship will be in offline/online mode (as decided by CARCIL).
- Selected Interns will be allotted specified research work pertaining to different areas of Commercial Laws.
- Interns are expected to maintain discipline, punctuality, and integrity, non-compliance whereof shall result in termination of Internship.
- The internship is a full-time program and hence interns are required to observe the working hours of the University.
- The Internship may be discontinued any time if the performance of the intern is not found satisfactory or the intern is absent without authorization of concerned authorities of CARCIL.
- Certificates will be issued to the interns on successful completion of their Internship.
- This Internship is stipend free and hence, no honorarium will be granted to the Interns.
- The students have to send an email to [email protected] attaching their updated Curriculum Vitae and expressing their interest in interning with CARCIL, CNLU, Patna.
- The subject of the email must be “Application for Internship @ CARCIL, CNLU, Patna”.
- The e-mail should be sent on or before the 28th of July, 2021 by 9 PM.
After a review of applications and CV, the selected applicants will be intimated through their concerned e-mail ids.
For any queries, please drop us an email at [email protected]