About Ikigai Law
Ikigai Law is an award-winning law firm. We have a market-leading regulatory, policy and commercial-law practice for technology and innovation-led businesses. They provide legal and strategic advice to a wide variety of clients, from high impact startups to mature market-leading companies and are often at the forefront of policy and regulatory debates for emerging business models.
About the Opportunity
Our Virtual Internship (Externship) Programme aims to provide our externs a glimpse into our daily routine, in a learning, friendly and stimulating environment. It also provides a platform to bring out the best in the Externs by challenging them and helping them take the first few steps towards becoming attorneys.
There is a close coordination between the Attorneys and the Externs. Ikigai Law Attorneys perform the role of mentors and role models for the Externs. This also helps in grooming Attorneys in the methodology of training and development. By assigning an Attorney as a guide for each Intern we aim to create Mentor & Peer relationships for Interns with Partners and Associates, respectively.
We have a structured Externship Programme detailing the roles and responsibilities of Externs, deliverables and timelines which we expect our Externs to adhere to. Scope of work for the Externs ranges from basic legal research, preparing case notes, drafting research memoranda, case briefs and to assist attorneys in case preparation and transactions.
This provides exposure to different areas of law and a variety of legal issues. It provides an opportunity to apply theoretical knowledge and gain practical experience while developing team working skills. It provides intrinsic learning to hone and develop softer skills including cognitive skills, internal and external relationship management skills. Holistic personality development is essential for a future day successful lawyer.
- The student must be in 4th or 5th-year LL.B. or 3rd year of the 3-year course or equivalent
- Past Internship experience and exposure – quality, range, rigor and relevance
- Moot courts’ participation as speaker/researcher – quality and quantity
- Publications/research work – quality and quantity
- Extra-curricular activities – evidence of initiative, leadership, talent and personality attributes
Scope of Work
- Basic legal research
- Preparing case notes
- Drafting research memoranda, case briefs
- Assisting attorneys in case preparation and transactions
Please email your latest CV not longer than 2 (two) pages and a cover letter as a the email body stating:
1.Why do you want to work at Ikigai Law? (Restrict word limit to 200 words)
2. What are your core competencies and how do you plan to use these skills in a manner that is unique to you at the workplace? (Restrict word limit to 200 words)
Applications to be emailed to [email protected] with the subject- Internship for the month of XXX.
If the candidacy is taken forward, there would be an interview.
If the candidacy is taken forward, there would be an interview. We evaluate and assess credentials, information and accomplishments presented in externship form.
To stay updates about legal opportunities and events round the nation, join our whatsapp group.
Click Here, to join a whatsapp group of your choice.
You might me interested at:
- Call for Campus Managers at LawBhoomi: Applications Open!
- Paid Internship Opportunity at Morgan Stanley, Mumbai: Apply by Nov 27
- Paid Internship Opportunity at Anandvan [Stipend: 10k-20k/month]: Apply by Nov 2
- Online Internship Opportunity @PRS India [November & December]: Applications Open!
- Online Internship Opportunity| at Competition Commission of India: Applications Open!
- Call for Interns at LawBhoomi: Application Open!