About the Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab
Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, is a public law school and a National Law University located in Patiala, Punjab, India. It was established in 2006 by the Punjab Government as a university dedicated to the field of Legal Education. The first vice-chancellor of the University was Gurjit Singh.
About the Centre for Criminology, Criminal Justice and Victimology
Keeping in view the broad policy of RGNUL to promote research in the field of law, the Centre for Criminology, Criminal Justice and Victimology (CCV) has been purposefully established under the able leadership of Prof. (Dr.) G.S. Bajpai, Vice-Chancellor, RGNUL, to provide critical and necessitated focus towards fostering the objective of carrying fundamental and applied research on the evolving aspects of transformative criminal justice system including the dimensions of victimology and criminology as particular areas of interest. The Centre understands and caters the progressive and dynamic nature of the developing criminal jurisprudence in India and across the world and therefore, firmly intends to conceptualize pro-victim research, training, policy analysis and consultancy with specifically prioritizing the aspect of interdisciplinary approach while fulfilling the desired goals. The Centre is uniquely determined to examine, express, elucidate and expedite the systematic delivery and efficient redressal of the rights of the victim within the comprehensive criminal justice system in India so as to mitigate the hardships faced by the victims.
About the internship
The Centre for Criminology, Criminal Justice and Victimology is offering a four-week intensive internship program to undergraduate law students from various recognized law universities across the country. The program is open for application from students enrolled in 2nd-5th years in the five-year integrated course and 2nd -3rd year in the three-year LLB course.
Internship will be for minimum of four-weeks and may extend on the request of the intern only after the approval of the internship coordinator. The internship will function on a remote working policy until the RGNUL Campus physically reopens.
Nature of internship
The intern will be expected to undergo extensive research during the period of internship. The intern shall also be required to work on different articles and research papers and may assist the Centre in its day-to- day functioning. Punctuality and sincerity is the sine qua non for this internship and therefore, it is expected that the intern shall diligently take up the tasks allotted to them.
The selection for the internship shall be conducted over the successful completion of a three-step process.
- In the first stage of the process, the candidate is required to submit its Curriculum Vitae and an Expression of Interest as to why they wish to intern with the Centre. The same has to be mailed to [email protected]
- After selection and longlisting as per the first stage, the candidates will be required to fill in a formal questionnaire where each candidate shall be given two situation-based questions and the candidate shall be expected to answer them in 200 words each. The questions will aim to assess their writing skills and application of law.
- The third and the final stage shall be an interview round of those candidates which are selected after the second stage. Under this round, the candidates shall be assessed on their preliminary knowledge of the concerned discipline, their presence of mind as well as enthusiasm and interest to work with the CCV.
- The candidates applying for the month of October, 2021 have to submit their required documents by 10th of September.
- The CCV shall revert to the candidates by 15th of September with the list of candidates who are selected for the second round as per the application process.
- Further communication and information shall be conducted with the candidates through e-mail or any other electronic platform.PERKS
- A certificate of completion of internship shall be provided to each intern who successfully completes a four-week internship.
- Letter of appreciation shall also be provided to only those interns who have performed with excellence.
- There shall be no stipend provided to any intern.
Feel free to drop us a mail at [email protected], or; Contact-Faculty Coordinators-
- Dr. Ivneet Walia
- Dr. Gurneet Singh
- Dr. Shruti GoyalStudent Members-
- Sahajveer Baweja- 8949059106
- Aastha Singh- 9971585450
- Paid Internship Opportunities at Ministry of Women and Child Development [Stipend Rs. 10K]: Apply Now!
- Paid Internship Opportunity at Emjoy: Apply now!
- Internship Opportunity at Hula Global: Apply now!
- Internship Opportunity at Universal Tribes: Apply now!
- Paid Internship Opportunity at Lawpretation Legal: Apply by Oct 25