About the Jindal Global University
O.P. Jindal Global (Institution of Eminence Deemed To Be University) is a non-profit global university established in 2009 by the Government of Haryana and recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC). The university has received the highest grade ‘A’ of the National Accreditation & Assessment Council (NAAC). In 2019, JGU was awarded the prestigious ‘Institution of Eminence’ status by the Government of India.
About the blog
The Human Rights Society is a space for learning. It provides an opportunity for individuals to work on social issues they are passionate about and play a small role in contributing towards making the world a better place. The Society functions on three broad spectrums – Research, Sensitisation and Action.
JGU fosters curriculum, research, and collaborations of the highest standards, and with a global perspective, through a faculty drawn from and educated throughout the world.
The Human Rights Society At JGU with Prof. Nawal Hend are more than delighted to invite you to a guest lecture to speak on the common practice of “White- Washing Occupation terminology” AKA beautifying and frosting the atrocities and legal characterization of an occupation with “democratic” and “liberal” terms, as an effort to normalize it, and its various manifestations in the legal, academic, and journalism fields.
Join us to discuss such hot topic through a focus on the Palestinian Occupation experience, with our outstanding speakers:
- Prof. Mariam Barghouthi: A Palestinian scholar and Journalist.
- Prof. Ata Hindi: A Palestinian- American TWAIL Scholar.
- Prof. Moien Odeh: an American Human Rights Lawyer and Scholar.
Our speakers shall share with us how this systemic procedure is carried on through our media means, lectures, legislations, and academic syllabus.
What implications does it bare? What restrictions does it impose on legal and journalism practitioners? and most importantly how can we counterclaim it?
Join us in our enriching conversation:
Date: 03rd October, 2021(Sunday)
Time: 04:00Pm Onwards
- Call for Papers | International Conference on Trade and Investment Laws by Bennett University: Register by Oct 7
- Workshop on “AIBE Success Blueprint: Your Path To Legal Practice” by Canon Sphere: Register by Sep 23
- Webinar on Incorporation of Business Organisations and Use of MCA Portal by MNLU, Mumbai: Register by Sept 22
- Online Guest Lecture on “What is the Real UCC” by Think India [No Fees]: Register by Sept 22
- Webinar on How to Make A Career in International Law by Geopolstoday: Register by Sep 23
Attention all law students!
Are you tired of missing out on internship, job opportunities and law notes?
Well, fear no more! With 45,000+ students already on board, you don't want to be left behind. Be a part of the coolest legal community around!
Join our WhatsApp Groups (Click Here) and Telegram Channel (Click Here) and get instant notifications.