About the Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law
Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, is a public law school and a National Law University located in Patiala, Punjab, India. It was established in 2006 by the Punjab Government as a university dedicated to the field of Legal Education. The first vice-chancellor of the University was Gurjit Singh.
About the workshop
One Week National Workshop for law students on “Right to Information: A Revolutionary Law”
The expected audience would be Academicians, Research Scholars, Students, Professionals, RTI activisits, Organizations and Public Information officers.
The objective of the programme is to commemorate the RTI week which is celebrated from 6th October – 12th October,
- To raise awareness on the issues of Right to Information.
- To provide participants with a clear understanding of the main features of RTI Act and its operational provisions.
- To explain the role of designated Assistant Public Information Officers, Public Information Officers and Appellate Authorities and other functionaries involved in dealing with RTI matters.
- To explain the process of seeking and providing information.
- To explain the strategy for operationalizing Right to Information.
- To discuss the practical problems faced by the PIO’s and the stake holders.
- To deliberate upon the efficient implementation of the Act.
Other important details
- Certificates will be provided on the successful completion of the workshop. (100% attendance is mandatory)
- Date- October 6th- 12th, 2021
- Timing-2.00- 4.00 P. M.
- Mode- Cisco Webex
- Registration Deadline- September 28, 2021 (Tuesday)
- Registration Fee- 200/-(Inclusive of GST)
For further clarity contact
Faculty Coordinator (Dr. Geetika- 9646023882)
or the Student Coordinator (Ms. Tamanna Gupta- 9999677799)
or you can write to us at [email protected].
- Online Certificate Courses by Enhelion: Enrolments Open! [70% off on Online Courses]
- Online Certificate Courses by Enhelion: Enrolments Open!
- National Workshop on Drafting, Pleading and Conveyancing by Alliance School of Law [Oct 9]
- One Week National Workshop on Right to Information by RGNUL: Register by Sept 28
- Two-Day National Level Workshop on Consumer Dispute Resolution through Mediation by NLUO [Sept 27-28]