About the Competition
School of Law, Graphic Era Hill University, Dehradun is organizing its 1st National Research Paper Writing Competition, 2020 in on the theme “Contemporary Legal Issues and Advancements”.
Legal Issues and Advancements
The competition is open for students pursuing LL.B. (3 years and 5 years)/LL.M. course from any recognized university across the country.
- The research paper must be written in English.
- Only one entry is allowed per author.
- Co-authorship up to two authors is permitted.
- Only original research papers will be considered for the competition. No part of it should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- The research paper must not be more than 4500 words (including footnotes).
- Any form of plagiarism above 15% as tested by the host institution shall result in disqualification of the research paper entry.
- The first page of the research paper must contain the details of the author/s, title of the paper and the name of the college/institution.
- All the soft copy submissions in MS Word.
- The participants are required to submit research papers in soft copy form.
- The author(s) must follow the uniform method of citation either Journal of Indian Law Institute (JILI) or Bluebook 19th edition.
- Formatting Rules: The body of the paper shall be in Times New Roman, font size 12, 1.5 line spacing. Footnotes should be in Times New Roman, size 10 single line spacing.
- Best Research Paper: Cash Prize of Rs. 700/- and E- Certificate of Merit along with the publication of paper in GEHU’s Law Review: A Bi Annual Journal of Law.
- Second Best Research Paper: E- Certificate of Merit along with publication of paper in GEHU’s Law Review: A Bi Annual Journal of Law.
- E- Certificate of Participation will be given to all.
Entries will be blindly reviewed by a distinguished panel of experts.
The decision of the jury will be final and binding.
- Call for papers: 10th September 2020
- Submission of Research Paper: 10th October 2020
- Declaration of Results: 24th October 2020 (UN Day)
To stay updates about legal opportunities and events round the nation, join our WhatsApp group.
Click Here, to join a WhatsApp group of your choice.
You might be also interested at:
- Essay Competition| by NLSIU’s Law & Technology Society: Register by Oct 15 [Cash Prizes- Rs 1 Lakh]
- Online Internship Opportunity @PRS India [November & December]: Applications Open!
- Call for Papers| MNLU’s Virtual Conference on Recent Trends in Mediation: Submit by Oct 15
- Public Policy Making Competition| by Yogya-Empowering Society:Register by Oct 20 [Free Registration]