The IBBI is collaborating with CBCL at the National Law Institute University, Bhopal to organise the National Essay Writing Competition, 2020 on “Role of the IBC in the Development of Credit Market in India”.
The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) was established on 1st October, 2016 under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016. It is the regulator that forms the key pillar of the ecosystem responsible for implementation of the Code that consolidates and amends the laws relating to reorganization and insolvency resolution of corporate persons, partnership firms and individuals in a time bound manner for maximization of the value of assets of such persons, to promote entrepreneurship, availability of credit and balance the interests of all the stakeholders.
The Centre for Business & Commercial Laws (CBCL) was established in 2008 at the National Law Institute University, Bhopal (NLIU) as a ‘Centre of Excellence’, with the aim of generating awareness and facilitating research in the field of business and commercial laws in India.
All students pursuing UG or PG courses in Law, Commerce, Business Administration and Management are eligible for the competition.
- Submissions must be made to [email protected] before 23:59 hrs, 31st January, 2021.
- Submissions should be accompanied by a covering letter which includes the name of the author, e-mail ID, mobile number and the name of the author’s institution. The manuscript itself should not contain any information that can be used to identify the author
- An essay on the topic shall not be less than 3000 words and not more than 4000 words.
- It shall beon A-4 size in Times New Roman, font size 12 with line spacing 1.5. It shall be original, unpublished and should contain a bibliography.
- All submissions must be in (.docx) format. They must be word-processed and compatible with Microsoft Word 2007 and above.
- Cash prize of Rs. 10,000 to the best essay.
- Cash prize of Rs. 5000 to the second-best essay.
- Certificate of participation to all participants.
For any queries, write to us at [email protected] or contact:
Suyash Bhamore, Convenor, CBCL: +91 9425150875
Ishaan Chopra, Co-Convenor, CBCL: +91 9811892724
Saumya Agarwal, Head of Digital Initiatives, CBCL: +91 9456954905