About the Guwahati High Court
The Guwahati High Court (originally Gauhati High Court) was promulgated by the governor-general of India on 1 March 1948 after the Government of India Act 1935 was passed. Establishing the High Court of Assam with effect from 5 April 1948, for the then Province of Assam.
About the Opportunity
The Gauhati High Court in Guwahati is inviting applications from the practicing Advocates for appointment in 12 (twelve) vacant posts (unreserved) in Grade-I of Assam Judicial Service 2021 on the scale of pay of Rs. 51,550-1,230-58,930-1380-63,0701- per month plus other allowances as admissible under the Rules.
Number of Vacancies
12 (Twelve) Unreserved
- Must be a holder of Degree in Law from a recognized University
- Must be practicing as an Advocate in Courts of Civil and Criminal jurisdiction on the last date fixed for receipt of applications and must have been so practicing for a period of not less than 7 (seven) years as on such date
- Must have attained the age of 35 (thirty-five) years and must not have attained the age of 48 (forty-eight) years in the case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Tribes and 45 (forty-five) years in the case of others, as on the last date fixed for receipt of applications
- A candidate must be a citizen of India as defined in Articles 5 & 6 of the Constitution of India
Candidates fulfilling the requisite criteria can submit their online application forms through the recruitment page of the official website.
Alternatively, you can also click on the link at the end of this post to be redirected to the application form.
- SC/ST – Rs.250/-
- PWD (locomotor disability): Nil
- All others: Rs.500/-
- Competitive Exam: A Preliminary Examination (Screening Test), a Main (Written) Examination, and a Viva Voce/Interview.
- Mains Exam: Those candidates who will secure 60% or more marks in the Preliminary Examination shall be eligible for appearing in the Main Examination
- Viva-Voce: All candidates who obtain 60% or more aggregate marks in the Main Written
Examination subject to securing at least 45% marks in individual Paper-I, II & III and minimum 35% marks in the Official Language Paper (Paper- IV) shall be eligible for Viva Voce.
- The marks secured in the language paper shall be qualifying in nature and shall not
be counted in the aggregate marks secured by the candidates in the examination for
the purpose of final selection.
- The ratio in which the candidates will be called for viva-voce/interview is 1:3 (3 candidates
against 1 post) subject to marks obtained as stated above.
For any technical assistance for the submission of online application forms please email to
[email protected], mentioning the Post Name in the Subject line and related Registration Code, Applicant’s Name, Father’s Name alongside the grievance in the body of the e-mail.