About the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) is responsible for the formulation, implementation, and review of national policies in the field of Information Technology, Electronics, and Internet (all matters other than licensing of Internet Service Provider).
Its mission is to promote e-Governance for empowering citizens; promoting the inclusive and sustainable growth of the Electronics, IT, and ITeS industries; enhancing India‟s role in Internet Governance; adopting a multipronged approach that includes the development of human resources; promoting R&D and innovation; enhancing efficiency through digital services, and ensuring secure cyberspace.
About the Internship Scheme 2021
The Digital India Internship Scheme 2021 is under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (IT). For the larger benefit of the student community and with a view to enriching the management/implementation of its various schemes/programmes, the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology has decided to notify the internship, to provide a framework for the engagement of Interns for a limited period.
- Indian students from recognized universities in India who have secured at least 60% marks in the last held degree or certificate examination and pursuing B.E/ B.Tech, M.E/ M.Tech/M.Sc.(Electronics)/MCA/ DoEACC „B‟ level/LL.B shall be eligible.
- The students who are in the last semester or who will pass out in summer 2021 will not be eligible for the internship. Only students who are in the previous 1 year will be eligible.
- LL.B students would be considered for internship only in the ‘Cyber Law/ IT Act’ area.
The minimum duration of the internship shall be of 2 months, extendable up to 3 months, depending on the performance of the candidate, requirement of the Ministry, and time the intern is willing to spend with the Ministry.
- Interested and eligible students need to apply online ONLY.
- The application needs to be sponsored/forwarded by the Institution where the applicant is currently enrolled in.
- Click here to apply.
- The Interns will be shortlisted and selected by the respective organizations/Groups/Divisions for their concerned domain.
- Personal or Skype Interview may be conducted if deemed necessary.
- A list of selected candidates would be displayed on the web portal.
Areas of Internship
Check out the official Internship Scheme 2021 for a complete list of areas of the internship.