About The MNLU, Mumbai
Maharashtra National Law University Mumbai (MNLU Mumbai) is a National Law Universityat Mumbai, Maharashtra India. It is a National Law University established in India by The Maharashtra National Law University Act 2014, passed by Maharashtra Legislature under the Maharashtra Act No VI of 2014. MNLU Mumbai offers a five-year integrated B.A LL.B.(Hons.) course. Admissions are through Common Law Admission Test.
About the Centre
The Centre for Information Communication & Technology Law (“CICTL”) is an initiative of the Maharashtra National Law University Mumbai which aims to be a centre for excellence in generating and disseminating the knowledge concerning the interrelationship between technology and law across the globe.
The submission should be on the latest and/or relevant issues on the relationship between technology and the law. These shall include, but not be limited to telecommunications law, data protection, intellectual property rights, cybercrimes, internet governance, software contracts, artificial intelligence and cloud computing. The submissions should be unpublished, original and not under review with any similar platform.
About the Journal
The Journal shall be a professionally peer-reviewed, interdisciplinary academic journal that operates bi-annually. IJCL shall publish twice per academic year (Winter/Spring Issue and Summer Issue).
The Journal is an initiative of the Centre for Information, Communication and Technology Laws, Maharashtra National Law University Mumbai.
- Co-authorship: Co-authorship of up to three authors is permitted.
- Plagiarism: The submission should reflect original and unpublished work, not under review with a similar platform.
- A maximum similarity of 15% is allowed (subject to proper referencing). Non-adherence to this rule shall result in the rejection of the article summarily with no chance for improvement.
- Length: Submissions must ideally be limited to the following word limits (exclusive of citations).
- Abstract –The Submission must contain an abstract of a maximum of 500 words on its first page.
- Word Limit: Submissions must ideally be limited to the following word limits. However, the author can exceed the limit in case of necessity subject to the discretion of the Reviewer concerned. This limit shall be exclusive of footnotes and abstract.
- Short Articles – 3000 to 5000 words.
- Long Articles – 6000 to 10000 words.
- Book Reviews – 2000 to 3000 words.
- Case Comments – 3000 to 5000 words.
- Legislative Comments – 3000 to 6000 Words.
- Formatting: Submissions should be made only in Microsoft Word (.docx) format. The submission should adhere to the following formatting style.
- Heading 1 (1,2,3…): Times New Roman, Upper Case, Font size: 16, Line spacing: 1.5”, Justified.
- Heading 2 (1.1., 1.2.,1.3.,…): Times New Roman, Sentence Case, Font size: 14, Line spacing: 1.5” , Justified.
- Sub Heading (1.1.1.,…): Times New Roman, Small Caps Case, Font size: 12, Line spacing: 1.5”. , Justified.
- Sub-Sub Heading (optional) (a,b,c..) – Times New Roman, Bold-Italics, Font size: 12, Line spacing: 1.5”, Justified.
- Body: Times New Roman, Font size: 12, Line spacing: 1.5”
- Footnote: Font size: 10, Line spacing: 1”, Justified.
- Citation: Relevant sources such as judgments, laws, treaties, news article and other legal texts must be added as footnotes adhering to the uniform Bluebook 20th Edition citation style.
Every article undergoes a comprehensive three-tier peer review and is sent back with comments for improvement, suggested changes, or cogent reasons for rejection/selection.
Upon acceptance of the manuscript for publication by Journal, the copyright over the manuscript is vested with MNLU Mumbai. However, the moral rights over the manuscript shall vest in the author(s).
On successful publication of a blog article, the author(s) shall be provided with a certificate of publication from Centre for Information Communication, and Technology Law, MNLU Mumbai.
There is no application fees for publication or review.
Submissions should be made by the google form here. Submissions through emails will not be entertained.
The deadline for the submission is 31st May 2021.
Any queries can be addressed via mail at [email protected] (Kindly mention “Query – Journal) at the mail.