About the Institute
Indian Law Society’s Law College is a government-aided law college in Pune, India. It was established in 1924 and offers courses that include three-year and five-year degrees. ILS is located on Law College Road, Pune.
About the Cell
The Criminal Law Cell was established in the year 2015 to study contemporary issues and challenges in criminal law. The Cell conducts sessions on different aspects of criminal law along with recent criminal law issues to give a better understanding and updated knowledge to the students.
About the Webinar
Topic: A century-long journey of Sedition in India: Commemorating the death centenary of Lokmanya Tilak
Aim: The webinar aims at getting insights of professionals by comparing and analysing the current sedition laws and the laws used in colonial India during the landmark trials of Lokmanya Tilak.
About the Speakers
- Mr. BT Venkatesh, founder Reachlaw, Advocate & Former State Public Prosector, Karnataka High Court.
- Mr. Mihir Desai, Senior Advocate, Bombay High Court, Co-founder of Indian Peoples Tribunal & Human Rights Law Network.
- Ms. Nitya Ramakrishnan, Advocate, Supreme Court of India, Author of In custody: Law, Impunity and Prisoner Abuse in South Asia.
- Dr. Santosh Jaybhay, Vice Principal, ILS Law College
- Moderated by: Dr. Nitish Nawsagaray, Assistant Professor (ILS Law College) and Research Guide (Savitribai Phule Pune University).
Date: Saturday, 12th September 2020
Time: 5:00 PM
The webinar will be hosted primarily on Google Meet and will also be live-streamed on Youtube.
Following are the links to join the webinar:
No prior registrations are required.
For any queries, please write to us at [email protected]
To stay updates about legal opportunities and events round the nation, join our whatsapp group.
You might be also interested at: