The Law Society, Faculty of Law, Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) is organizing an Independence Day Essay Writing Competition.
About the University
Aligarh Muslim University is a central University in Aligarh, India, which was originally established by Sir Syed Ahmad Khan as the Muhammadan Anglo Oriental (MAO) College in 1877. The MAO College later became Aligarh Muslim University in 1920.
About the Faculty
The Department of Law, Aligarh Muslim University is one of the oldest Departments in India. The teaching of Law in AMU was introduced in the year 1883. Sir Syed Ahmad Khan, the Founder was greatly impressed by the Programme of Legal Education in British Universities. So he was very keen to have legal education on that pattern in AMU also.
In 1960, the Department of Law came into being into a full-fledged Faculty. Credit goes to Late Prof. Hafizul Rehman (who was also the first Dean) to develop a modern curriculum and research programme. Infact he was the architect of the present Faculty of Law.
About the Essay Writing Competition
The competition is open to all students presently enrolled in any undergraduate level course in India.
Uniform Civil Code and Gender Justice
1.) Submission of Essays via email: [email protected]
2.) Subject of Email: Submission of Essay
3.) Last date of Submission: 15th of August, 2020
4.) Word Limit: 2500- 3000
5.) Font Style: Times New Roman
6.) Font Size: (12 Main Text) (10 Footnotes)
7.) File Format: Word Document
There is NO registration fee for this event.
Prizes and Certificates
First Prize – Rs. 600
Second Prize – Rs. 400
The winners will be provided a certificate certifying the position that they held in the competition.
All the participants will be provided a certificate of participation.
The language of the competition shall be English.
Any submission with more than 30% plagiarism will be disqualified.
Finality of decision
All decisions on the interpretation and implementation of these rules shall be taken by the organising committee and will be binding on all the participants of this competition.
Mohd. Tabish Kamran, Mob. +91-9935927899
Chandan Gupta,Mob. +91-863002154
Email: [email protected]
You might be also interested at:
- Free Quizzing at Lawnomy | Register by Aug 18 | Prizes Worth Rs 6100
- Join Lawnomy | Intern, Student Managers or Campus Managers: Apply by Aug 20
- Virtual Moot Court Competition | by NEF Law College: Register by Aug 14 ( Prizes Worth 80K)
- Drafting Competition | by IIL: Register by Aug 4 (Prizes Worth 15K+)
- Book Review Writing Competition | by NLU, Odisha: Register by Aug 20
- Quiz Competition | by Faculty of Law Aligarh Muslim University: Register by Aug 13 (Prizes Worth 2K)
- Writing Competition | By National Law University, Jodhpur: Register by Aug 10 (Prizes Worth 10K)
- Call for Papers | NLUO’s Alternative Dispute Resolution’s e-Newsletter: Submit by Sept 1