About the College
NEF Law College established in 2006, is one of the finest centers for the promotion of Legal Education in the entire North-Eastern region. The College is recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC) under section 2(f) of UGC Act, 1956 and is a Minority Educational Institute u/s 2(g) of NCMEI Act, 2004.
About the Moot
Mooting is one of the most integral part of a law student’s academia. The moot court provides a replica of a courtroom, where a student obtains the opportunity to work on their legal knowledge, enhance their ability of legal research along with developing their communication and presentation skills.
NEF Law College, through this competition, ought to serve a platform to the budding lawyers in order to express their thoughts and share their intellects in the field of Family Law and its diverging interpretations. We at NEF believe that growth and learning should never halt amidst the crisis that the world is facing. Hence, this competition is an opportunity for the aspirers to dedicate their time and effort for achieving endeavours.
- All recognized Law schools, Universities and Institutions in India with 5 years and 3 years LLB courses shall be eligible to participate.
- One team per Institution will be allowed to participate.
Note: The language of the competition will be English.
Team Size and Information
- Each participating team shall comprise a minimum of two (2) members and maximum of three (3), wherein two (2) members, shall be designated as Speakers and one (1) member as Researcher (optional).
- The substitution of any Team Member is not allowed except with the permission of the organizers.
- No team shall contradict the composition mentioned above. No faculty member, coach, or a designated observer will be allowed to join the chat room during the session.
The Last Date of Registration by the Team Members: 14th August 2020 by 23:59 hours IST.
Registration Fee: Rs. 600/-
One team per college. The Registration shall be deemed to be complete only when the Registration form is duly filled and the payment is completed and is verified by the O.C. Payment to:
- Bank Name: Bank of India
- A/c Name: NEF Law College
- Branch: GSME Branch
- IFSC Code: BKID0005055
- SB A/c No.: 505510110000961
Once the registration form is filled and the payment is confirmed, the O.C shall send a confirmation mail to the teams within 24 hours of registration.
- Once registered, the registration cannot be cancelled and no refund will be issued.
- All the teams will be allotted their team code via an e-mail on or before 16th August 2020.
- Any queries related to the registration process will be taken up by the O.C till the 14th August, 2020, 6:00 PM.
- Last date of registration: 14th August 2020
- Last date for Memorial Submission: 24th August 2020
- Researcher test for the National Moot Court Competition: 30th August 2020
- Inaugural Ceremony and Preliminary Round for the Moot Court Competition: 3rd September 2020
- Quarter Final and Semi-Final for the Moot Court Competition: 4th September 2020
- Final Round and Validation Ceremony for the Moot Court Competition: 5th September 2020
- Winner: Rs. 30,000/- and Certificate of Merit
- Runners up: Rs. 20,000/- and Certificate of Merit
- Best memorial: Rs. 10,000/- and Certificate of Merit
- Best speaker: Rs. 10,000/- and Certificate of Merit
- Best Researcher: Rs. 10,000/- and Certificate of Merit
- For any queries regarding the competition, write at: nefmootqueries[at]gmail.com
- Abhilekh Deka: 8721856499
- Sunidhi Sharma: 9864011392
- Anshuman Deka: 8011669084
- Saqueeb Twarique: 9678408943
- MomiBaishya (Registration Committee): 8471919727
- Atlanta Deka (Memorial Committee): 7896611633
- Kasturi Sarma (Rules and Guidelines/Proposition Committee): 8473926767
- Rudrakshi Sharma (E-Certificate Committee): 7576857586
You might be also interested at:
- Free Quizzing at Lawnomy | Register by Aug 18 | Prizes Worth Rs 6100
- Join Lawnomy | Intern, Student Managers or Campus Managers: Apply by Aug 20
- Drafting Competition | by IIL: Register by Aug 4 (Prizes Worth 15K+)
- Book Review Writing Competition | by NLU, Odisha: Register by Aug 20
- Quiz Competition | by Faculty of Law Aligarh Muslim University: Register by Aug 13 (Prizes Worth 2K)
- Writing Competition | By National Law University, Jodhpur: Register by Aug 10 (Prizes Worth 10K)
- Call for Blogs | Dharmashastra National Law University’s Vidhi Mitra: Submit by Aug 25
- Call for Papers | NLUO’s Alternative Dispute Resolution’s e-Newsletter: Submit by Sept 1