About the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) is an Indian government ministry charged with health policy in India. It is also responsible for all government programs relating to family planning in India. The Minister of Health and Family Welfare holds cabinet rank as a member of the Council of Ministers.
About the essay writing competition
The Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW), Government of India is conducting an essay writing competition on the occasion of World No Tobacco Day, 2021. Every year, 31st May is observed as World No Tobacco Day (WNTD), highlighting the health and other risks associated with tobacco use, and advocating for effective policies to reduce tobacco consumption.
Following the guidelines of COVID 19, on this occasion of great significance, the Ministry is conducting this competition to explore the creative instinct of students from classes 8th – 10th; 11th & 12th and college students (under graduation), and encourage them to express their ideas.
Protection of future generation from harmful effects of tobacco
The Essay Competition is meant for students of classes as per the following five categories;
- 11th & 12th
- College students (under graduates)
- The essay should be within 1000 word limit. The essay should not exceed the word limit. This would lead to disqualification.
2. All entries must be submitted on www.mygov.in. Entries submitted through any other medium/mode would not be considered for evaluation.
- A participant can send one entry only. In case it is found that any participant has submitted more than one entry, all the entries will be considered as invalid.
- The entry should be original. Copied entries will not be considered under the contest.
- The participant must be the same person who has written the write-up and plagiarism would not be accepted.
- Start Date: 31st May, 2021
- Last Date of Submission: 18th June, 2021
The announcement of awardees will be done with cash prizes as per the following details in each category (8th, 9th, 10th, 11th & 12th and college students (under graduation))
- Ist Prize: Rs. 25,000/-
- IInd prize: Rs. 20,000/-
- IIIrd prize: Rs. 15,000/-
Certificate of Participation will be given to the genuine entries and which follows the terms and conditions given for the competition. The certificate will be sent through email only and a hard copy will not be issued. Therefore all the participants are required to provide their email address correctly.
- To register for the competiton, Click here
- Login to participate and submit your entries through the link given below.