About the Institute
Nurtured by the visionary ideas of Dr. S.B. Mujumdar, Chancellor (Symbiosis International University) on the principles of Vedic thought ‘Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam’ which means ‘World as One Family’, Symbiosis Law School (SLS) Nagpur was established in 2019 inheriting splendid novelty, dynamism, and excellence in education.
About the Competition
The Centre for Environmental Law and Policy at Symbiosis Law School, Nagpur announces its Second National Essay Writing Competition on the theme of “Global Pandemic [COVID-19]: Issues and Challenges”.
- COVID-19 and the Public Health Care System in India: An Introspection.
- Impact of Lockdown on Migrant Workers: A Humanitarian or Human Rights Crisis?
- COVID-19 and its Impact on Mental Health of First Responders.
- Epidemic Diseases Act, 1897: Its Use and Relevance Today.
- COVID-19 and the Role of Social Media.
- The Competition is open to all the Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students, in any stream, enrolled in any recognized institution/University in India.
- The participants must submit an attested copy of their student’s Identity Card/bonafide certificate along with the essay.
A Certificate of Merit shall be issued to the top three entries of the Competition.
A certificate of participation shall be e-mailed to all the contestants who have successfully submitted an essay.
- There is no hard copy submission.
- The essays must be submitted in the English language only and must be in Microsoft Word Format (.doc/.docx). The submission in any other language and format will be rejected summarily.
- Only one submission per author is permitted. Co-authorship is permitted to a maximum of two authors per essay.
- All entries should include a cover page specifying the name of the author, institutional affiliation, course and year of study, e-mail address, and contact number.
- Any identifying information should not be mentioned anywhere in the text of the essay and violation of the same shall lead to immediate disqualification.
- Plagiarism of any nature will attract immediate disqualification.
- The suggested word limit for the essay is 3500 words exclusive of citations.
- Every essay must have a title and an abstract. (150 words)
- The submissions must be sent by email to [email protected] with the subject “Submission for The SLS NAGPUR Essay Writing Competition.”
The deadline for submission is: 5th August 2020, 11:59 pm
Date of declaration of result is: 20th August 2020
There is no registration fee for the competition.
Phone Number: 0712 – 6192204
Email id: [email protected]
You might be interested at:
- Call for Blogs: Legis Sententia by Department of Law, University of Calcutta: Rolling Submissions
- Call for Papers: UPES Student Law Review on Law and Contemporary World: Submit by Aug 7
- Judgement Writing Competition by Rayat College of Law: Register by July 11
- Call for Articles for Jus Weekly: Register by July 25 (Entry Fee- Rs 100, No publication Fee)
- Free Quizzing at Juscholars: ‘Quiz for Fun’ or ‘Quiz to Win and Grab Rewards’! (No Registration Fee)