About the Competition Commission of India
The Competition Commission of India (CCI) is a statutory authority of the Indian government charged with enforcing the Competition Act of 2002, fostering competition across the country, and banning acts that have a significant negative impact on competition. It was founded on October 14, 2003.
About the Essay Competition
As part of the Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav celebrations, the Competition Commission of India is holding a National Level Essay Competition 2021-22.
Competition Law in New India-Building Aatm Nirbhar Bharat
The applicant must be a student at any recognised university in India on October 1, 2021, studying a UG or PG course in Law, Economics, Management, or Regulatory Governance.
Note:- Wards and relatives of employees of Competition Commission of India or office of Director General-CCI or Ministry of Corporate Affairs, GOI are NOT ELIGIBLE to participate in this competition.
- By the deadline, all Essay Competition entries must be submitted in both word and PDF format.
- Essay length should not exceed 3000 words, including footnotes. Although there is no minimum word count, competitors are urged to submit essays that are at least 1500 words long.
The Essay’s Format
- Typed on an A4 sheet of paper.
- The font size should be 12 points in Times New Roman (English).
- On all four sides, there should be 1.5 inch (2.54 cm) of space between the two lines.
- Participants may use any recognised style of referencing/footnoting system throughout the Essay, but it must be used consistently and uniformly.
- Participants can submit their entries by e-mail to [email protected] with entry form duly forwarded by their respective educational institutions latest by October 31, 2021(1800 hrs).
- Written Essay in English language – both in word & pdf format (NO SCAN).
- Candidates will nowhere mention their name or any identification in the text of essay.
- Entries submitted in hard copies and not in the prescribed format shall be summarily rejected without any intimation and NO query, correspondence; representation etc. pertaining to such entries shall be entertained by the Commission under any
- Subject of such email must be “CCI Essay Competition 2021-2022”.
- Entries shall be forwarded by the participant directly and shall not be forwarded through any other person at the mail prescribed above. All the fields in the entry form shall be compulsorily filled.
- Only original essays will be considered for the competition. Previously published essays shall be rejected outrightly. Any form of plagiarism will result in disqualification of the essay.
|Prize Category||Prize Amount|
|First (One)||INR 50,000|
|Second (One)||INR 25,000|
|Third (One)||INR 15,000|
|Consolation (Two)||2 x INR 5,000|
- 6th Gary B Born Essay Competition by NLUJ [Cash Prize worth 450 USD]: Submit by Nov 3
- 1st Essay Writing Competition on International Laws and Policies by NLUO [Prize worth Rs. 2K]: Register by Oct 25
- Essay, Case Problem Analysis, and Videography Competitions by GBU School of Law [Certificates & Cash Prizes worth Rs. 13.5K]: Register by Nov 5
- Essay Writing Competition on Exploring Gender Justice by RGNUL, Punjab [Cash Prizes worth Rs 22K]: Register by Nov 10
- Online National Essay Writing Competition by SLS, Nagpur: No Fees, Submit by Nov 2