About the Alliance University
Alliance University is a Private University established in Karnataka by the State Act No.34 of year 2010. The University is jointly recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC), New Delhi, Bar Council of India (BCI) and the All-India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi.
About the GAIR
Alliance School of Law, Bangalore is inviting articles for the first online edition (Vol. 1 Issue 1) of GAIR Newsletter. It is quarterly, open access, peer-reviewed and refereed E-newsletter. The aim of GAIR E-Newsletter is to provide an academic platform for students, practitioners, journalists and academicians to express, deliberate, and discuss contemporary issues pertaining to the fields of International Relations and Global Affairs.
The newsletter seeks works that are dynamic and interdisciplinary in nature with a specific display of comprehensive knowledge on the subject matter.
The central theme for the inaugural issue is Afghanistan Political Crisis and Rise of Taliban.
The world today is witnessing the crisis unfolding in Afghanistan after the political takeover by the Taliban. The resultant shift in international relations along with the reaction of the United Nations remains important issues of concern for the world leaders. Such a shift in power poses not only political but crucial economic, security and human rights questions as well. The first issue of GAIR seeks to instil academic deliberations around this contemporary issue by inviting articles concentrating on the following
- Role of Security Council in Afghanistan Crisis
- Position of India with respect to Diplomatic ties in Afghanistan
- Impact of International ties after takeover of Taliban
- Human Rights and Taliban
- Defacto and Dejure Recognition of Taliban
- Impact of Withdrawal of USA Army in Afghanistan
- Constitutional Crisis and Political Instability in Afghanistan
- Religious Extremism and Impact of Sharia Law on Women
- Economic relations after takeover of Taliban
- Diplomatic ties of Pakistan and China with Taliban
- Education, Social restrictions and justice in Taliban
- Humanitarian Crisis following Taliban’s takeover of Afghanistan
The above sub-themes are only illustrative and the participants are free to write on any topic directly connected to the central theme of the Newsletter.
Applications are invited from practitioners, academicians, journalists, students of any discipline or anyone who wishes to express an opinion can submit their articles.
- Submissions shall be typewritten in MS Word, Times New Roman font size 12 with line spacing 1.5 and justified alignment.
- Co-authorship up to two authors is allowed.
- Submissions shall not be less than 700 words and shall not exceed 1000 (exclusive of endnotes).
- Submissions shall contain hyperlinks in the body of the manuscript itself, instead of footnotes and endnotes. Endnotes may be used for references where hyperlinks are not possible, or the source is under a paywall or offline – such as books, articles, etc.
- The authors should conform to the Bluebook (20th edition) Uniform System of Citation. Endnotes shall be typewritten in, Times New Roman, font size 10, single-line spacing, and justified alignment.
- The manuscript should not contain any identification of the author/s, which shall be a ground for rejection of the submission.
- The submission must be the original work of the authors. Plagiarism beyond 10% shall not be accepted.
- Manuscripts shall be assessed by subjection to Blind Review Procedure.
- Submissions shall be lucid, contemporarily relevant, and well-researched. They shall contain a novel analysis of the issue by the author(s).
- Authors will be informed regarding acceptance or rejection of their manuscripts within 10 to 15 days and an acknowledgement receipt will be sent within 48 hours of submission of the manuscript.
- The authors are required to fill the registration form and upload the article in the below-mentioned link.
- Alliance School of Law shall not charge any publication fee.
- The contributions towards the Alliance School of Law, GAIR E-Newsletter shall be published on the university’s official website.
- To Submit blogs, Click here
Last date of submission: on or before 11:59 PM, November 10, 2021.
For Queries: [email protected]
Or contact the Student Co-ordinators
- Paarth Samdani
- Contact Number: +91 80075 04772
- Email ID: [email protected]
- Arkadeep Pal
- Contact Number: +91 97314 45903
- Email ID: [email protected]
- Call for Blogs| NUALS’s Centre for Intellectual Property Rights Blog: Rolling basis!
- Call for Blogs| GNLU’s GCLS Blog: Rolling basis!
- Call for blogs| JGLS’s Maya Magazine: Submit by Nov 30
- Call for Blogs| NLUJ Law Review Blog: Rolling Submissions
- Call for Blogs| CAN Foundation’s Academic “Vedanam”: Rolling Submissions