Call For Papers | Changing Dimensions of Law in the Era of Digital Technology by AMU: Register By March 27
About Department of Law, AMU Centre
The Department of Law at the AMU Centre in Malappuram is an off-campus branch of the esteemed Faculty of Law at Aligarh Muslim University in Uttar Pradesh. The Faculty of Law, established in 1891, is one of the oldest and top law institutions in India. It has consistently maintained a high level of academic and research excellence, ranking 6th among Indian law colleges/universities.
AMU Centre in Malappuram, established in 2010 by the Government of India, is located at Perinthalmanna town of the Malappuram District in Kerala. The Centre offers a five-year integrated BA.LL.B (Hons) course, with a capacity of 60 students, and is recognized by the Bar Council of India.
About the Opportunity
The digital age has brought unprecedented comforts and conveniences to our daily lives, and it has changed the way we live and work. With the rapid growth of the internet, physical boundaries have become increasingly irrelevant, and digital technologies have become a cornerstone of our social and economic systems. The second machine age, as defined by Erik Brynjolfsson and McAfee, has brought about an explosion in human productivity, enabled by the computing power of computers.
However, with the growth of the digital world, comes the risk of new forms of cybercrime, online bullying, and threats to privacy and civil liberties. The digital era has challenged traditional laws and the principles of constitutionalism, and there is a growing need for new legal models that can accommodate the changes brought about by digital technology.FactshaveprovedthatthisnovelphaseofInternetgovernancedeeplyshakesthecurrentarchitectureofrightsandfreedoms. While these are all legitimate concerns, they are impossible to quantify.
In recognition of these challenges, the Law Society at the Department of Law at AMU Centre Malappuram, Kerala is proud to announce its second National Conference on the theme “Changing Dimensions of Law in the Era of Digital Technology”. The conference will be held on April 18th, 2023, in hybrid mode, and will provide a platform for scholars, legal practitioners, and policymakers to engage in a critical examination of the challenges posed by the digital era and to explore new and innovative approaches to law in the digital age.
Changing Dimensions Of Law In The Era Of Digital Technology
- Constitutionalism and digital technology.
- Data privacy and Data protection in the regime of digital technology.
- Scope of Artificial Intelligence in Criminal Justice system.
- Current legal framework in tackling cyber-crimes.
- Legal implications of the emerging medical technology.
- Law and governance in technology for sustainable development.
- Implication of digital technology on IPR.
- Legal Implication on Metaverse and NFTs
- Access to Justice through virtual courts.
- Future of legal profession in the times of Artificial Intelligence.
- Space Laws and Policy.
- Ethics & Digital Technology
- Legal regulation of Digital Economy
- The legal framework for digital currency and block chain-based finance
- The future of online contracts and e-signatures
- Legal aspects of the internet of things (IoT)
|Date of Official Notiﬁcation||15th March, 2023|
|Last Date for Submission of Abstracts||27th March, 2023|
|Notiﬁcation of Selection of Abstracts||1st April, 2023|
|Last date of Registration & Fee Payment||7th April, 2023|
|Submission of Full Paper||10th April, 2023|
|Date of Conference||18th April, 2023|
Call For Papers
We cordially invite Articles and Research Papers on the Theme and Sub-Themes from Academicians, Researchers, Advocates, Students pursuing Law or any other Academic Degree as well as Stakeholders in this Sector to contribute towards shaping the National Conference by their submissions.
- All submitted Conference Papers would be peer-reviewed by Review Committee and the selected Papers would be published in book with ISBN number.
- The Certiﬁcate of Presentation and Participation will be distributed to Participants and the speakers.
- Co-authorship is permissible (subject to an upper limit of 2 Authors per submission).
- The main Author and/or presenting Author shall register separately.
- The maximum word limit must not exceed 300 words.
- The Author(s) shall specify the Title of the Paper, Name(s) of the Author(s), Professional titles, E-mail Address (es) and Contact Number.
- All Abstracts should be submitted through e-mail only
- Relevant Keywords are to be mentioned in Abstracts.
- The Author(s) should indicate the Theme on which the Abstract is based.
Note: The Abstracts shall be screened by the Review Committee. The Authors of the shortlisted Abstracts shall be intimated accordingly through mail.
Full Paper Submission
The maximum word limit must not exceed 5000 words. The Paper must be accompanied by a cover letter which shall include the details:
- Full Paper should have a cover page containing the following:
- Full name(s) of the Author(s)
- Professional/Educational Details
- Email address (es)
- Contact number(s)
- The Paper should be in .doc/.docx formats in Times New Roman font, font size 12 with 1.5 spacing.
- Alignment -Justiﬁed, no page borders, Margin 1 inch on each side.
- The writings must conform to the ILI footnoting pattern.
- The manuscripts must be sent in MS Word format (.doc/.docx.) and PDF format.
- The Paper must begin with the subject matter of study, provide an exhaustive literature review, State the Problem and Hypothesis, examine the Hypothesis and provide Conclusions and Suggestions.
- All submissions should be the original work of the Author, and should not have been submitted for publication/published elsewhere in any form.
- All the Papers are subjected to strict plagiarism checks and any unattributed work is liable to be rejected.
The Participants are required to ﬁll the Abstract Registration Form.
Registration Form is available here.
After selection of the Abstract, please send the full papers at [email protected]
|Online Presentation||Fee||Offline Presentation||Fee|
|Students& Research scholars||300||500|
Please mention the subject as National Conference on Digital Technology while making the payment.
For payment click here.
For any query, contact
Syed Ibrahim Quli – 9122830786
Surya Gautam – 9456805151
Mohd. Azam Khan – 8445139295
Nihal Mohammed – 8792908185
or mail us at: [email protected]
Attention all law students!
Are you tired of missing out on internship, job opportunities and law notes?
Well, fear no more! Join our WhatsApp Groups (Click Here) and Telegram Channel (Click Here) and get instant notifications.
With 12,000 students already on board, you don't want to be left behind. Join now to be a part of the coolest legal community around!