About the Institution
Shoolini University of Biotechnology and Management Sciences, also known simply as Shoolini University, is a private university located near Kasauli in Solan district, Himachal Pradesh,173229, India. It is located 73 km from Chandigarh and 67 km from Shimla.
About the Event
Shoolini University of Biotechnology & Management Science in collaboration with HP State Commission for Women is organizing a One Day National Seminar on Gender Studies and Women Empowerment on 26th November 2020.
The Seminar will focus on enhancing and assimilating various socio-legal aspects and the nitty gritties of the laws related to gender bias in India and Women Empowerment. The themes would be specifically related to issues around women empowerment.
- Domestic violence during COVID-19 lockdown in India.
- The role of education in removing gender inequality.
- Status of women in India.
- Caste based social exclusion and discrimination.
- Discrimination and policies in India.
- Gender discrimination & discrimination based on religion.
- Women rights protection and judicial activism.
- Problem related to education for deprived half section of the society.
- Plans & Programs undertaken for the welfare of SCs/STs /OBCs & Minority’s women in India.
- Victims of Rape and Criminological Implication.
- Gender Justice and conflict of personal laws.
- Multiculturalism and Gender equality.
- Need for Gender neutral laws in India.
The rationality of the Theme
The National Seminar aims towards fulfilling the essential mandatory requisites of NAAC, NIRF, UGC and the BCI (Bar Council of India). Through this seminar we will groom the budding students in the field of legal education with an objective to nurture and equip them with legal aspects, so that they may contribute towards national building. Being a professional institute, we will take the services of High Court Judges, Jurists and Eminent professors in the field of Law.
The seminar will be conducted Online through zoom and all technical sessions and paper presentations would be done online.
- Last date for abstract submission (300-500 words): 20th October 2020
- Date of intimation of acceptance of abstract: 25th October 2020
- Last date for full paper submission (2000-2500 words: 30th October 2020
- Last Date for Registration and payment of fees: 30th October 2020
- Research Scholars (LLM/ PhD): Rs. 750/-
- Students (BALLB/LLB): Rs. 450/-
- Paytm or Google Pay available at 9418157436
- Bank Name: Punjab National Bank, The Mall, Solan
- Beneficiary Name: Shoolini University of Biotechnology & Management Sciences
- IFSC Code: PUNB0043300
- Account No.: 0433000100728136
- MICR code: 173024002
Research papers submitted up to 30th October 2020 will be published in edited book. Best papers accepted before the above said date would be published in the book to be released on the occasion of National Law Day.
Citation: ILI Citation Style
Palak Sharma: 9816779935
Mrinalini Dayal: 9582246756
Email: [email protected]
For the brochure of the Seminar, click here.
To stay updates about legal opportunities and events round the nation, join our WhatsApp group.
You might be also interested at:
- Essay Competition| by NLSIU’s Law & Technology Society: Register by Oct 15 [Cash Prizes- Rs 1 Lakh]
- Online Internship Opportunity @PRS India [November & December]: Applications Open!
- Call for Papers| MNLU’s Virtual Conference on Recent Trends in Mediation: Submit by Oct 15
- Public Policy Making Competition| by Yogya-Empowering Society: Register by Oct 20 [Free Registration]
To know about more legal opportunities, Click Here.