About the National Law Institute University, Bhopal
National Law Institute University is a public law school and a National Law University located in Bhopal, India. Established in 1997 by the State of Madhya Pradesh, it is the second law school established under the National Law School system.
About the Indian Arbitration Law Review
The Indian Arbitration Law Review is a specialized periodical devoted exclusively to arbitration law, which offers legal professionals, academicians and students an up-to-date review of the field. Published pieces include long articles, short articles, case comments, and book reviews on the law and practice relating to arbitration.
The Indian Arbitration Law Review (“Journal”) is an annual double-blind peer-reviewed journal of the National Law Institute University, Bhopal (NLIU), supported by L&L Partners Law Offices.
The Journal welcomes submissions on any of the following sub-themes:
- Accreditation Norms of Arbitrators in India: Arbitration and Conciliation (Amendment) Act, 2021
- Challenges to enforcing awards in Investor-State disputes
- Arbitration in a post COVID-19 world
- Use of Artificial Intelligence in Arbitration
Note: The above sub-themes are only illustrative, and the Journal welcomes submissions on any topic related to arbitration.
Submissions can be made under the following categories:
Long Articles (4000-8000 words*): The article must be a comprehensive and in-depth analysis of a contemporary issue in arbitration law and should include references to a range of sources and contributions in the form of alternatives and suggestions.
Short Articles (2000-4000 words*): The article must be an analysis of a contemporary issue in arbitration law and should include a reference to a range of sources and contributions in the form of alternatives and suggestions.
Case Comments (1500-4000 words*): The comment must be an analysis of a recent judgment, bringing out its relevance in light of the development of arbitration law, views expressed in the judgment and the opinion(s) of the author.
Book Reviews (1000-3000 words*): The review must be a crisp account of a recently published book on arbitration, including the issues explored and related arguments of the author.
*The word limit is exclusive of footnotes and abstract. The prescribed word limit may be relaxed up to 10%, at the discretion of the Editorial Board.
- Submissions are accepted only in the English language.
- All articles must be accompanied by an abstract not exceeding 300 words. Case Comments and Book Reviews do not need to be accompanied by abstracts.
- The abstract must expressly include the novelty and usefulness of the idea that the author wishes to put forth and must categorically mention the specific contribution of the article beyond the existing available literature.
- Co-authorship (with no cap on authors) is permitted for all articles.
- The manuscript should not contain any references to the identity of the authors. However, authors are allowed to cite their previous published work.
- The body of the manuscript should be in Times New Roman, Font Size 12 and 1.5-line spacing.
- The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, Font Size 10 and single line spacing.
- The citations must conform to the style of OSCOLA (4th Edition) – Key available here.
- Manuscripts should only use footnotes as a means of citation. No other method of citation is permitted.
- Substantive footnotes are permissible.
- Kindly send your manuscript in MS Word (.docx) format to [email protected]. The subject of the email should be “Submission for Volume 4 – <Title of the manuscript>”.
- IALR accepts manuscripts on a rolling basis. Manuscripts received after the submission deadline shall be considered for publication in Volume 5.
- The submission should be accompanied by a Covering Letter, which must include the following details:
- Name of Author(s)
- Contact Details (Address and Mobile No.)
- Institutional Affiliations (if any)
- Academic Qualifications
The submissions must be sent by 11:59 pm, 31st August 2021.
In case of any queries, kindly drop an email to [email protected] or contact:
Syamantak Sen, Editor-in-Chief
+91 91637 59868
Vivek Badkur, Managing Editor
+91 91310 75603
Attention all law students!
Are you tired of missing out on internship, job opportunities and law notes?
Well, fear no more! With 45,000+ students already on board, you don't want to be left behind. Be a part of the coolest legal community around!
Join our WhatsApp Groups (Click Here) and Telegram Channel (Click Here) and get instant notifications.