About the University
Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur (MNLU, Nagpur) is established by the Government of Maharashtra by way of enactment known as the Maharashtra National Law University Act (Maharashtra Act No. VI of 2014).
About the ADR Society
The ADR Society of MNLU Nagpur was established in 2018 to hone the interests and skills of students in the field of Negotiation, Mediation & Arbitration. Under the aegis of ADR Society, a variety of events such as seminars, workshops, guest lectures, panel discussions and ADR Competitions have been conducted.
Recent Trends in Mediation
The Theme of the conference includes but is not limited to:
- Mediation: Contemporary Issues and Challenges
- Mediation: Ethics and Role of Mediator
- Online Mediation: The Way Forward
- Trans-national Mediation Issues
- Usage of Mediation in different legal contours
Seminar papers are invited from Students, Academicians, Research Scholars, Professionals, Advocates/Practitioners and other stakeholders of Alternative Dispute Resolution System.
- All papers must be submitted to [email protected]
- Submission of a paper amounts to consent to such publication and transfer of copyright to The Maharashtra National Law University (MNLU), Nagpur and consent to edit the paper as may be required if the submission is accepted. The author shall cooperate with the editor in respect of such editing.
- All references must be in the form of footnotes with font size 10 and should be according to MNLU Citation Style as available on the website of the University.
- The work should be original, previously unpublished and must not be in the stage of submission/ consideration elsewhere.
- Certain papers can be published in the University Journal, if the quality of the paper is deemed fit to the organizers.
- There will be five technical sessions, each based on one of the sub-themes of the conference.
The full paper should be submitted (in the .doc/.docx format):
- Font: Times New Roman,
- Title of the paper: Font 14,
- Body text: Font 12,
- 1.5 Line Spacing, and
- Should not exceed 5,000 words (including footnotes). Exceeding the word limit may lead to rejection of paper.
Rules for Participation
- Co-Authorship to a maximum of two authors is permitted.
- The full papers will be peer reviewed by the organizing committee and only shortlisted authors will be invited to present papers. The registration should be done after the intimation of acceptance of full paper.
- The final submission shall be concluded within the prescribed deadline, No paper shall be accepted after the last date of submission.
- Authors have to register after the acceptance of paper with payment of required fees.
- The conference will be conducted through online mode and all the details of the virtual conference will be duly shared to the participants.
- The participants are advised to maintain decorum during the virtual conference.
- The participants are advised to switch off their mic and camera and should switch it on only while speaking or presenting their paper.
For Presenting a Paper:
- Students/Research Scholars: Rs. 250/-.
- Professionals/Others: Rs. 500/-
- Deadline for submission of Full Paper: October 15, 2020.
- Intimation of acceptance of Full Paper: October 20, 2020.
- Last Date for Registration: October 22, 2020.
- Conference Date: October 24, 2020.
- The Author and Co-author have to register separately.
- All registered candidates will get certificates; however, the organizers reserve the right to choose the papers for publication.
1. Dr. Anirban Chakraborty, Faculty Advisor, ADR Society
2. Dr. Ragini Khubalkar, Faculty Advisor, ADR Society
In case of any query contact the below mentioned student members or send an email to [email protected]
1. Ujjwal Agrawal (Ph. No: 8839254211)
2. Aditi Singh (Ph. No: 843943113)
Note: The post was first published on Oct 7.
To stay updates about legal opportunities and events round the nation, join our whatsapp group.
Click Here, to join a whatsapp group of your choice.