About the Organizers
HPNLU or Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla was established by an Act of the Himachal Pradesh Vidhan Sabha in the year 2016 (Act 16 of 2016). ICA or The Institute of Correctional Administration, Chandigarh started working in 1989 with full financial assistance from the Central Government. It has been actively involved in imparting training to prison and police officers of the country and also conducting various research activities.
About the Conference
An International Conference on “Restorative Justice and the Challenges of Twenty-First Century” is being organized by HPNLU in collaboration with ICA, Chandigarh on October 22, 2020.
The Conference shall be attended by distinguished speakers and scholars from various countries such as Sri Lanka, Australia, and European countries. Participants will be each speaking about their respective areas of work and the challenges they have faced to be able to arrive at a comprehensive, collective understanding of the various dimensions of Restorative Justice.
For Conference: Restorative Justice and the Challenges of Twenty-First Century
Academicians and practitioners from fields as diverse as jurisprudence, advocacy and judiciary, academics, policing and prison administration, sociologists, psychologists and criminologists.
- Professor Dr. Nishtha Jaswal, Vice-chancellor, HPNLU, Shimla
- Justice Mohan Mathai Peries, Former Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Sri Lanka
- Lisa Rea, President, Restorative Justice International (RJI)
- Brian Steels, Director, Asian Pacific Forum for Restorative Justice (APFRJ)
- Jeffrey Mark Deskovic, Director, Jeffrey Deskovic Foundation for Justice
- Dr. Upneet Lalli, Deputy Director, Institute of Correctional Administration, Chandigarh
About the Call for Papers
- Complete papers accompanied with a 250-word long abstract may be sent to [email protected]
- The Word limit of individual papers is 4000-7000 words. The authors of selected papers will be intimated accordingly.
- The contribution is to be sent to [email protected].
- Last date for submission of abstract is October 15, 2020.
- Selected Papers shall be published in form of a book on Restorative Justice.
For Call for Papers:
- The need and relevance for Restorative Justice in today’s world with a special
reference to the Indian context.
- Exploring the theoretical grounds and challenges of Restorative Justice.
- Challenges of implementing the ideal of restoration for the legislature, judiciary
and the executive.
- Psycho-social dimensions of harm and victim-offender relationships, Trauma and
- Hate crimes, sexual violence against women and children and Restorative Justice.
- The roadmap for establishing a more efficient judicial system that is sensitive to
the idea of restoration.
- Chanchal Kumar Singh
Assistant Professor of Law, HPNLU, Shimla
E-mail ID: [email protected]
Mobile Number: +91-8076153198
- Amit Chaturvedi
Assistant Professor of Sociology, HPNLU, Shimla
E-mail ID: [email protected]
Mobile Number: +91-9873505126
To stay updates about legal opportunities and events round the nation, join our whatsapp group.
Click Here, to join a whatsapp group of your choice.
You might be also interested at:
- Online Internship Opportunity @PRS India [November & December]: Applications Open!
- Call for Papers| MNLU’s Virtual Conference on Recent Trends in Mediation: Submit by Oct 15
- Public Policy Making Competition| by Yogya-Empowering Society:Register by Oct 20 [Free Registration]
- Online Poetry Competition| by Lucknow University: Register by Oct 8